❶❶

"How was the drive picking up your brother?" Antonio asked as he walked into the apartment with his book bag falling onto the floor.

Matthew smiled, "it was good! Alfred and Arthur will drop by in a couple hours to meet everyone, I was thinking you and Lovino might wanna cook? Alfred is a hog and I don't think our wallets could handle that..."

Toni blinked before he laughed, "ah! Si! I'll text Lovi to pick up extra ingredients for the risotto then," he mused as he pulled out his phone and sent a quick text.

"Thanks Toni!" Matthew grabbed Gilbert and tugged him around the apartment to help him clean and get ready.

"I'm sure they're not going to mind a little dirt, Birdie," Gilbert teased as he playfully flicked a dust bunny at the blond.

Matthew blew the dust bunny away from his face before he swept it up, "probably not, but I want to make a good impression. I don't want them thinking that I made the wrong choice."

"I doubt they'd think that.. Alfred seems cool and so does eyebrows."

"You mean Arthur?"

"Ohhh! Yeah! That's his name.."

Matthew snorted and nodded, "just don't let him catch you saying that," he warned with a smile, "but anyways yeah, I'm sure they wouldn't... but Alfred also doesn't keep his mouth shut about things and would tell my parents and then they'd come and complain to me."

Gilbert nodded a bit with understanding in his eyes, "yeah I can see that..." he straightened up, "but who cares! We'll just have to blow their minds, huh?"

The Canadian blinked before smiling at Gilbert, "yeah, I guess so," he mused and the two quickly finished cleaning the house together.

The front door slammed open about an hour later with a sweaty and determined looking Lovino, holding about four bags on each arm he said, "I'm going to make so much fucking risotto."

Toni burst into laughter, "mi amor! You could have asked me to come get you with the car, si?" He pointed out, walking over and taking the bags from Lovino's fairly limp noodle-like arms.

"You're a jackass if you think I can't handle a ten minute walk!" Though the Italian didn't complain when the Spaniard took the bags from him, "I'm gonna go shower then start on the risotto with bastard Toni over here, it won't be done by time they get here but hot risotto is definitely better!"

The group of housemates just nodded as the Italian stormed into the bathroom and turned on the water.

Antonio grinned, "I think this is going to go well! Lovi loves making risotto! The more the better!"

Then something dawned upon Matthew and he looked horrified, "oh my god- I hope Alfred doesn't straight up call it pasta or compare it to chef boyardee's."

"Would he do that?"

"He tried cleaning dishes with hand soap in the first book, keep up."

"Right right- better text him then to warn him," Gilbert snickered, having way too much fun at the idea of Lovino going red with fury and blowing up.

Matthew rolled his eyes and was about to grab his phone to text Alfred when he heard a ding. He checked it,

ChingChong: hey, have you heard anything about Emil yet? Obviously he isn't going to text me.

Pancake: just small updates, it looks like he's spending most of his internet privileges scrolling through Tumblr and watching tv.

ChingChong: alright, thanks. Good luck with your brother and his fiancé today, I'll ttyl

Pancake: thanks 🙏 I'll update when I get one okay?

ChingChong: yep, alright. Bye

Matthew sighed softly before shooting a text to his brother and putting his phone away. "Man... I hope this wedding plan of Lovino's actually works..."