Emil laid on his bed- buried under the covers with all the lights turned off and the blinds shut on his window.

He wanted everything to be as dark as he felt.

The only source of light was from the cracked phone screen that lit up every so often from a notification.

None which were from Leon.

The one person Emil wanted to talk to but he couldn't. Every thing was ruined. It was nobody's fault but his.

His and his stupid brain.

There was a knock at the door, "Emmy?"

Emil stayed quiet.

The door creaked open and Tino poked his head into the room, "honey, someone is on the phone for you..." he informed- holding up the house phone.

The platinum blond haired boy sighed heavily and moved his head out from the blankets and held out his hand, "..."

Tino smiled softly and handed him the phone, "dinner will be done in about twenty minutes so..." he waved lightly and left the room.

Emil waited until he was gone and put the phone up to his ear, "hello?"

"Emil? Hey! It's Matthew! We couldn't reach you on your phone and I was getting worried- Lovino too! Everyone really!"

Sourness filled his mouth and he took a deep breath, "no... I don't think so..." he whispered.

There was a pause and Matthew hummed a bit- kind of understanding the intensity of the other's words, "I'm not sure what's going on with you but... I'm here for you if you need to talk... and I'm sure Leon is too."

Leon...

When Emil told himself he wasn't going to cry again he meant it... but just- hearing- his name... tears filled his eyes and streamed down his cheeks.

He sniffled and hiccuped- biting onto his fist to prevent him from sobbing.

Too bad Matthew was quick to recognize a breakdown, "Emil?? What's wrong? Why are you crying??" The Canadian asked worriedly.

Emil couldn't help it anymore and he let out a sob, "L-Leon... we... Leon b-broke up with me three months a-ago...!"

There was a stunned silence, "what...? Oh my god! What happened?? Are you alright?! Why didn't you tell anyone??"

"I couldn't! I-I just- you were all busy with your own s-stuff and I..."

"Emil that's not an excuse..."

That's right... all Emil did was lie and make excuses... that's why all of this was happening...

"I didn't- because it's all my fault... Leon left me because- because I couldn't- I can't be a normal person... I can't- I just can't anymore!" Emil's chest was heaving, "I thought it would all get better! I thought that- if I was with him- I could try and better myself! I could BE normal! I could FEEL real!"

He was crying by now, "I love him so much but I'm such a wreck I can't even bring myself to get better! I can't help anyone and I cant help myself!"

"Oh Em... I'm so sorry... I didn't... I didn't realize your depression was this bad- I'm so sorry..." Matthew was crying softly over the phone and Emil felt like garbage.

"You don't have to be sorry it's not your fault! I'm the reason why this all happened! Leon couldn't take it and he left! It's not-" Emil stopped himself from finishing his sentence. Not fair. But it was fair.

"Emil please PLEASE stay with us... I'm so sorry that we didn't notice and I'm sorry you've had to suffer all alone all this time... I just wanted you to know we all still love you..."

Emil sniffled, "I love you too..." he whispered, the lump in his throat getting bigger.

"Emil- you need to get some help... real help..."

"Therapy doesn't work! I'm still like this-"

"You need to keep trying- it's not your fault that you have problems, everyone does, but yours is a lot worse than most and that's why YOU need to keep trying. Keep trying for me, for your brother, for your family, for Leon... just stay here..."

Emil stayed quiet... but he had a small smile, "I'll call..."

"Good... I love you, get some sleep..."

"Alright... goodnight..."