Chapter 2

Lina's POV

After a long conversation and proof reading my writing with Julia, I'm finally done.

That shit takes forever.

It's almost 1 in the afternoon, and I needed to meet Ethan for our weekly lunch date.

Ethan and I have been best friends since high school.  It's never been anything sexual with him.

He's the type of friend to beat up a guy for looking at me the wrong way or acting like a dick.

He's always supported my writing, unlike my parents. They may seem like every other stereotypical parents that just don't support their child's dreams, but it's so much more than that. It was mostly my father.

He did things that I'll never be able to forgive.

Anyways, I know I'll always have Ethan. He will always bring me home and make sure I'm safe when I'm drunk off my ass. That has happened many times.

I pulled into the parking lot of the diner as Knee Socks by Arctic Monkey started playing. Of course right as I arrive it starts to play.

I got out of my car and headed towards the diner. It was cold today which is weird for LA, but I much rather prefer the cold. I just live here cause it's where I have all of my work and friends.

Don't get me wrong I love LA, but I love it more when I'm freezing my ass off. I know I sound like a lunatic.

I also like winter clothes better than summer clothes.

I saw Ethan already slurping his Diet Coke in a red booth.

He looked up and waved to me.

"You look good today," he said as I sat down.

"Thanks E," I responded. "How's your acting going?" I asked. Ethan Taylor was starting to become a big name. He's getting more roles by the day.

"It's good. We're almost done shooting."

I smiled at him feeling like a proud mom.

"I'm really happy for you. It looks like you're gonna be big after this movie," I told him.

"And you. Don't forget you're ending one of the most iconic tv shows," he reminded me.

"Well I wouldn't say ending. They plan on making a another spin off," I said.

"God damn. How many more problems can you guys possibly make for these characters?" He asked.

"Oh you have no idea," I responded.

"It's kinda funny how you became a writer for movies and shows, and I became an actor," he laughed.

"Yeah, maybe I'll be writing you a script one day," I said.

"yeah, maybe," he continued.

The waitress came up. "Hi. Can I take your orders?" She smiled.

"We'll both just have chicken fingers with fries," I said. That was always what we got when we came here on our weekly date.

"Sounds good," the waitress said and left.

It was quiet for a little while until Ethan spoke up again.

"So any cute guys," Ethan mentioned.

"Nope I'm still recovering from Jack," I told him.

"I swear if he ever contacts you again I'll fuck him up," Ethan said with his jaw tightening.

This is why you need a guy bestie.

"Calm down Rocky. He just mentally fucked me up."

"that doesn't matter. You've already been through so much with your da-    

He stopped. "He just should've known better," he exclaimed. "I should've payed closer attention."

"Stop! Just stop it." I said maybe to loud catching some people's attention.

"I should've been more careful E. I should've left sooner," I said back. "So don't blame yourself."

There was just a long pause of silence.

"Hey let's not talk about this anymore," I said.

"I can't wait to meet your co- star. Is he replacing me as your new best friend?" I tried changing the subject.

"No never. No one comes before you, but I think you'll really like Matt. Maybe set him up with Lily or Mia," he said.

"First I must make sure he can properly smoke a joint before making any final decisions," I told him.

"Sounds smart," he replied.

After eating a ton of chicken and fries I was so tired and beat up. I still had to write more for the show, but I didn't know how or where. Obviously the apartment isn't working and I don't have an official place to write.

"Hey you okay?" Ethan snapped me out of my gaze.

"Yeah just stressed about the show. I have to write another episode that's due soon, but I have nowhere quiet to write and I haven't slept in days," I complained.

"Wait," he paused thinking for for what felt like an hour.

"I know somewhere you could do it. I have access to the recording studio we were using for the movie. I don't think anyone is in today," he said.

"Oh my God that would be great. I can't write while Lily and Mia are always on my back so I tried writing in the middle of night but nothing comes to my mind," I said with a sigh of relief.

"No problem. I'll text you the address and give you the keys."

After a little more talking and making fun of each other he gave me the keys and paid. I got up from the booth.

"Bye Taylor," I said getting up and flipping him off.

"Bye Anderson," he said flipping me off back from the both. It was a little joke we had.

As soon as I got into my car Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy) by John Lennon started blasting through my speakers.

I literally love Ethan so much. She might call him Taylor sometimes so don't get confused.

Beautiful boy? Interesting. Maybe look up the lyrics ;)