So Much For The New Rachel Berry

Still in her glorious seventh month of pregnancy and after the whole sleeping with Finn debacle.. even though she told herself she wouldn't give in that easily.. I mean you try being pregnant with all these hormones and not sleeping with your babies father. Rachel had walked into school conflicted on her feelings still. You can't blame her. I know they said they loved each other and they both truly do, but she still just needed time with the whole Quinn situation. She had began walking to the choir room as per usual, but this time she saw something she didn't expect. Jesse sitting front row. A big smile came across her face and she truly couldn't hide it. "Jesse.. hey! Are you following the pregnant girl around school?" She chucked as she sat down next to him. "Me? Psh never.. well maybe." He joked back with her. "What are you doing here?" She said with excitement in her voice. "Well I joined. I actually auditioned for Mr. Schue last week and he asked me to join and of course I said yes." He said and Rachel just kept the smile on her face. Of course she had friends in glee club like Kurt and Blaine and Finn whenever he was feeling it, but it would be nice to have an actual friend to hangout with. "Honestly I should of known you'd be in glee club. You pegged me as a overachiever." He said and Rachel laughed and turned towards him. "That obvious huh? Well I'm currently growing overachiever junior here." She said and smiled while rubbing her belly and cupping it. Just when she thought the day might start good in walked the devil and her minions. Of course her fake laugh just angered Rachel.. hormones.. am I right? "Hey Rachel.. you really missed out on the kiss Saturday night.." she said with a smirk and Rachel turned around towards her as she sat down. "Oh the one where you looked like a dead fish... I really did huh?" She said and turned around. "Hi I'm Jesse." Jesse said trying to break the tension in the room. "Hi Jesse. I'm Quinn. This is Santana and Brittany and you really shouldn't be sitting with the pregnant home wrecker of the school." She said giving his a soft smile and leaning back to pat the seat next to her. "Well it sounded really nice a couple seconds ago to meet you, but the home wrecking pregnant girl up front is pretty cool. I mean she did kick your ass Saturday didn't she?" He said with a smirk to his lips and turned around to hear them whispering. He could care less. Drama wasn't for him.

Rachel looked at him again and mouth a silent thank you. While yes she always.. well almost always had Finn on her side and Kurt and Blaine. It was nice to have someone else too. He smiled back at her and continued on with the conversation. "So explain to me how you all are. Whose the stars? Whose the best vocalist? Who are the duet duos? And who are the worst?" He said raising an eye brow to her. "Well me I'm the star of course." She chucked saying that quickly. "Well we are the stars." She said cupping her belly. "Honestly we are all stars. Even bitch face and her posse are good, but the best vocalist by far would be Mercedes. Her voice is beautiful. Almost as good as mine." She said humbling herself. "Finn and I mostly do the duets and that's why we win." She said a little louder for the girls in the back to hear. And with that the glee clubs started walking in. Mike, Tina, and Artie came in and then Mercedes, Kurt, and Blaine. Lastly the football players Puck, Sam, and of course Finn. He walked over and kissed her head softly and smiled. "Hey" he said a little shyly and then looked over to see Jesse. He then leaned down and kissed her lips. "Hi baby." He said and Rachel blushed. Stop Rachel! She yelled at herself. You still aren't sure about this. She kissed him back still. "Hey" she said and he sat down next to her. Next in walked Mr. Schue with the biggest smile on his face. "Alright alright! Some big news and a couple of things. So since we are all pumped for regionals since it's coming up soon. It's already been a month and half since the last competition so we've got what? About oneish month?" Everybody nodded there heads in agreement. "Well the theme is..." he said and got a drumroll from the kids and wrote across the white board "EMPOWERING/EMPOWERMENT." And he could hear the whispers from the kids. "Not bad huh?" He said and hot head nods from everyone. "I think we could all use a little empowering Mr. Schue." Rachel stood up and said. Mr. Schue smiled at Rachel. "Well let me also introduce our newest member... Jesse!" He said and Jesse stood up and waved. "Jesse is coming to us as a transfer from another state who also loves singing as much as we do." Jesse sat down once again.