How Did We Get Here?

How did he get here? How did this happen? How did she get here? How did we get here? To answer these questions the answer is sex. He stupidly had unsafe sex and now here we are Rachel who is pregnant with his stupid baby and is currently in surgery with god knows what problems and it's all his fault. He knew that everyone would tell him it was his fault, but they were right. Maybe if he would of done the adult thing and just talked to her, but no! Instead he did what he does best and let his temper get the best of him and run his mouth and look where it got him? Stuck in a hospital with blood all over his clothes, his head in his hands, and tear stained cheeks. He knew he should of reached out to Rachel once they had sex and he knew what they did was a mistake, but he was so worried about Quinn not wanting him and not being the top dog in school anymore and just being a loser. It didn't matter anymore. He was always destined to be a loser, but this time a loser with a baby.

He wiped his cheeks once again as tears still flowed down them. They were bright red from wiping them for what felt like the hundredth time. They felt numb, just how he felt inside, he was breaking apart, but no one could know that. Finn knew everyone would talk about what happened today, but he couldn't of cared less in that moment, what mattered now was that Rachel was in the hospital because of him. He knew Kurt and Mercedes were here, in fact they were a couple seats behind him just staring at him and whispering back and forth. He knew they hated him and he understood why. As Finn finally pulled himself out of his pitty party of thoughts he looked up to see a doctor come out. I mean one could assume he was a doctor, white coat, dark blue scrubs and all the doctor stuff on him.

"Rachel Berry." He said and Finn stood up and walked over to him as Kurt and Mercedes followed quickly. "All of you for Rachel Berry?" He said nodding his head and looked at them. They all nodded their heads "Well I need the baby's father currently." He stated and Finn stepped even more further "that's me!" He said and Kurt mumbled something under his breath. "You two can have a seat and we will update you as soon as we can. As for you Mr.?" He said looking down the chart. "Hudson, Finn Hudson!" He said reaching out and shaking the doctors hand. "Can you follow me for a minute?." He said walking towards the doors he once came out of. He opened them with a little card and Finn followed back. "Well she's in rough shape. We had to take her into surgery because she had something called Pre-eclampsia . It's not very common, but can happen. When it does it can cause miscarriages and damage to the baby and even something called placental abruption. Luckily enough we caught it and we were able to catch it." He said going over Rachel's medical information. His mom being a nurse and mentioning this stuff a time or two he knew it wasn't good. He also didn't know Rachel in this way. So it was strange to hear all this.

"How did this happen? Is she going to be okay? What about her head?" Finn said struggling to find the words. He just found out he could of killed his baby and he just found out about it today. He was rocking this whole parenting thing. He felt the tears rush down his eyes face again. He tried wiping them but it was no use, they just kept coming. "Hey it's okay, she's okay and the baby is okay! This happened because of stress to the baby, which is common for women to stress, babies are big deal. She just had high blood pressure and low blood sugar and from how pale she was I assume she hasn't been eating well or barley at all, but it's common to get dizzy or fatigue with this. She's going to be okay, but she needs to be monitored very closely, she may not be so lucky next time. Her head is also okay, just needed some stitches as it cracked when she fell to the ground. She'll be all good just have a killer headache for a few days to maybe a week or two, just give her some Tylenol, nothing else, only Tylenol!" He said sternly. "She needs to be watched. Make sure she's eating at least three to four times a day. Drinking plenty of water and not stressing! I can't say that enough and that's your job as daddy to do that!" He said and flipped the paperwork back over.

"Would you like to see her? She's still under anesthesia and she should be up soon. She'll probably be sore so don't let her move to much." He said and began walking towards her room. He opened the door to reveal low lighting and a passed out Rachel with an IV in her arm and a bandage wrapped about her head and who knows what else honestly. He walked into the room and thanked the doctor and took a chair and sat down in it next to Rachel's bed. He looked over at her and she looked miserable, not like the Rachel he once knew. To be fair he did this to her and he probably would never forgive himself, but now he had to live with his consequences. He looked at the blanket and he could see a pretty prominent bump. She had to be at least fourish month.. maybe less? He was just guessing honestly.  He looked down and rested his hand on her bump. He figured when she wakes up she would hate him.

He gently ran his thumb across her belly and he leaned down closely to her belly and began whispering. "Hi there little baby inside of Rachel. I'm your dad and I'm really new at talking to babies inside of belly's so give me a chance here. I'm sorry I yelled at your mom and made this happen. I hope she can forgive me and I hope you can as well. I'm not sure what you are.. or if your mommy is" He said looking up at her. She was still snoozing away. "But I love you a lot already and I'm going to take care of you and be the best dad I can be. So don't beat your mom up to hard just yet because I have a lot of apologizing to do to her, but we'll talk later okay?"

He said still rubbing her belly and looking down at it. He was right though. He knew he loved this baby already, even if he wasn't sure about it. He knew that this was the way it was going to go from now on Rachel was going to be his top priority and he was going to make sure of that. No more Quinn! No more being the hot shot!! No more!!! He was going to be the best dad he could be to this baby and the best man he could ever hope to be to Rachel. He was still rubbing her belly and that's when he felt it. A subtle yet fast little pat on her stomach. He thought he was just feeling things but he felt it again. "Was.. was that a kick?" He said out loud and kept rubbing her belly, but the feeling faded. "You like my voice huh?" He chuckled leaning closer to the womb.

He smirked and got an idea in his head. He began humming a song gently and the lyrics came naturally "Today is gonna be the day
That they're gonna throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow
Realized what you gotta do
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do, about you now
Backbeat, the word was on the street
That the fire in your heart is out
I'm sure you've heard it all before
But you never really had a doubt
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do about you now
And all the roads we have to walk are winding
And all the lights that lead us there are blinding
There are many things that I
Would like to say to you but I don't know how
Because maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all, you're my wonderwall
Today was gonna be the day
But they'll never throw it back to you
By now you should've somehow
Realized what you're not to do
I don't believe that anybody
Feels the way I do, about you now
And all the roads that lead you there are winding
And all the lights that light the way are blinding
There are many things that I
Would like to say to you but I don't know how
I said maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all, you're my wonderwall
I said maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me
And after all, you're my wonderwall
I said maybe, you're gonna be the one that saves me
you're gonna be the one that saves me
you're gonna be the one that saves me"

He finished singing the song to the baby and he felt that resuming kick once again and he couldn't help the smile that appeared on his face. "Wow." He said realizing that maybe this life would be okay. He then slid his hand up to Rachel's and began holding it. He gently rubbed his thumb over her cold hands. What felt like hours had passed and Finn was still sitting there besides Rachel holding her hand. He felt a grip on his hand and looked down to see Rachel's eyes open and looking up at him. "Finn" She said barley audible as her throat was probably dry. "Rachel" He said squeezing her hand tightly. "I'm so sorry.." he whispered and once again felt the tears return to his cheeks. He maybe have cried in front of the doctor, but now he was being vulnerable in front of Rachel. She grabbed his back and squeezed. "The baby is okay?" She said trying to adjust herself but failing as she was hurting. "Yes the baby is fine and you are fine. I'm so sorry." He said still holding her hand and rubbing it. The tears still running down his cheeks. "Then it's okay." She said whispered and continued to still hold his hand. "Everything is okay." She smiled towards him and that was it. Watching her smile come back had made today a better day.