Take Me Home Tonight Part Two

It was literally that time. Yes that time. The time that normally Rachel Berry craved. The spotlight! In this moment that one Rachel Berry did not want for the first time ever in her life was the spotlight. According to the conversation she had just had with Finn only a few minutes ago that ended with "I feel like my heart if going to come out of my chest... Finn I literally feel like the baby is going to come out of my vagina right now." Of course the word vagina makes everyone cringe and especially caused Finns nose to wrinkle a little bit at the sentence, but can you blame the girl. This was her first time performing in front of a crowd.. with a very large baby attached to the front of her. She placed her hands on top of his belly and soothed her hands over her dress. "Please let me be me.." she whispered to the baby. She knew he couldn't hear that and didn't understand it or even care, but she was trying every scenario to make herself feel better. Everyone around her was doing some kind of stretch or dance warm up, but Rachel was instead figuring out all the ways she could not allow the baby to feel like he was going to come out of her any second.

She took a sip of the water bottle in her hand and shakily put the cap back on and set it down on the table next to her. She could feel her nerves getting the best of her and she didn't like it one bit. This wasn't who she was, but I guess it's who she is now. Finn could see the distress in her body. From her pacing to her rubbing her belly. He just knew, like some kind of seventh sense or something. He walked over to her and grabbed her arms and gently ran his hands up and down them. "You are going to do just fine! You are going to fine! You look amazing Rachel. You are glowing... like one of the light bugs, and you are going to do great.. so stop worrying.. and besides if people see that you are pregnant they will know that this baby was created with love.." he said trying to calm her down, but of course Finns words never flowed smoothly. "Or they will think that some high school girl got knocked up and is a single mom..." she said rolling her eyes. I mean we all knew Rachel was over dramatic anyway. Finn let that comment go and just rubbed her arms again. "Well you know that and I know that isn't true at all .. so go out there and make our son proud." He leaned down and gently kissed her lips. "Wow.. I love you.." she whispered and kissed him once again. "I love you more." He said and began walking away from the stage as it was about to be their turn to perform. Rachel did a full shake and tried to shake all her nerves out. She could hear all the people coming back into the auditorium to return to there seats after the intermission. The chattering outside of the curtain only getting louder. They were the last group to perform and honestly the other groups weren't terrible as expected. She just had to make it through this song and she'd be home free.

Of course that annoying voice came over the intercom "welcome back and to finish us off tonight... please welcome to the stage McKinley High Schools.. New Directions." That moment the curtain opened and the beat of the song started... the real Rachel Berry came alive. She felt herself sassily walk out on stage and began the first verse. "I'm falling to pieces, But I need this. Yeah, I need this. You're my fault, My weakness. When did you turn so cold." She let herself take over that stage. Her making sure to spin and sing out to the crowd. "You cut me down to the bone. Now you're dancing. All over my soul. I'm falling to pieces, To pieces, to pieces." She of course spread her hands out as if she was singing to the crowd. She knew they were hooked. They were nodding heads and she knew that they were enjoying it. "But I still stay cause you're the only thing I know
So won't you take, oh, won't you take me home
Take me home, home, home, Take me home, home, home, Take me, Take me, Take me, Take me, Take me home." She was joined in by other glee girls as they began dancing behind her. A simple routine by Brittany just to add some spice to the song.

They were spinning, they had arms swinging, and even pulled Rachel into part of the dance for a second. "Round in circles. Here we go, With the highest highs And the lowest lows, But no one shakes me like you do. My best mistake was you, You're my sweet affliction, Cause you hurt me right, But you do it nice. Round in circles. Here we go, Oh yeah." She continued to sing and only fall more in love with the performing. She couldn't believe she was so nervous, but she knew this was what she wanted and where she wanted to be. "But I still stay cause your the only thing I know, So won't you take, oh, won't you take me home. Take me home, home, home. Take me home, home, home. Take me, Take me, Take me, Take me. Take me home, home, home. Take me home, home, home. Take me. Take me, I still stay, oh, won't you take me home. Take me home." She ended on that last note and her body was out of breath and already hurting from carrying this huge baby around. She knew getting bigger wasn't going to get any easier.