Navirou's Resolve! NYAH! I Will Find You, Saurus!

"The storm is gone.", Conis gasped in disbelief, tears of joy beginning to well up in her eyes.  She collapsed to her knees, unable to stop the tears from flowing, "Luffy actually did it, he won!"

Navirou stared up at the sky, the sun's rays piercing through the clouds and creating an almost otherworldly glow.  In the distance, he caught sight of a large shape moving towards them.  He squinted, hand above his eyes as he tried to make out what it was.  Once it got a bit closer, his jaw practically hit the floor, eyes popping out of his head.  

Flying towards the duo was the legendary Elder Dragon, Amatsu, with Luffy and Nami on its back!

"HEYYY YOUUU GUYYS!!!", Luffy shouted to them, waving with a huge grin stretched across his face.  

.........Time-skip, that evening......

After hearing everything that happened from Luffy, Navirou could only sit and wallow in the immense sadness that consumed him.  He had no desire to join in on the festivities as the Skypeians, Shandians, and Straw Hats celebrated their victory over Enel.  Even the great Amatsu, who lingered in the sky over the ruins, couldn't tear his attention away from his loss.  

Saurus, his partner, had sacrificed herself in order to defeat Enel, what was there to celebrate?  She had been Navirou's partner and closest friend for years, ever since they left Hakum Village together, they'd never been apart.  They'd been through it all together, even bringing the end of the Black Blight.

And just like that, Saurus was gone.  Or so they said, Navirou refused to believe it.

Navirou sighed and stood up, halfheartedly kicking a small stone away.  Even surrounded by people he called friends, he felt so... alone.  He had cried for hours, refusing to believe she was gone.  He hid away from the crew until he could cry no more.  Only then did he show himself.  He walked back to the Merry, wanting nothing more than to leave this place behind.  As soon as they were back on the Blue Sea, he was determined to scour the Grand Line to find Saurus.  He clambered up onto the Merry's figurehead, staring out at the white expanse of cloudy ocean.  

A strong breeze nearly forced him off his perch, and as he sat up he saw the Amatsu floating in front of him.  The air around them seemed to hum in the dragon's presence.  Its golden eyes studied the Felyne curiously.

"What'dya want?", Navirou asked with a depressed huff.

The dragon gave a huff, and a gentle breeze blew past Navirou as a voice echoed in his head.  Navirou shot up, fur bristling as he yelled at the dragon, "SHE'S NOT DEAD!  There's no way Enel killed her!"

Another strong gust knocked him over.  Navirou grumbled as he sat upright.  He glared at the dragon, who gave him a stern, yet almost... pitying look.  

"I'm gonna find her.  If she fell from here, then she's gotta be on Jaya!  Or some island near it!", Navirou reasoned, "She's got monsters who can swim, so she wouldn't have drowned or been eaten by a Sea King or something."

His head then shot up.

"GYAHH!!  But what if Icestorm is still nearby?!  He's got a grudge against Saurus and Luffy, if he finds her she's in trouble!", Navirou yelled, panicking.

Amatsu seemed interested, and another gust blew past Navirou.  He tilted his head.

"Icestorm?  He's a Kushala Daora who attacked us.  Saurus thinks he's the reason we're here in this world in the first place.", Navirou explained.

He sat crossed-legged on the figurehead, with Amatsu watching and listening intently.

"You see, Saurus and I aren't from this world.  We wound up here during a mission from the Captain of a town called Dundorma, which is like this huge fortress.  We were tasked with investigating, and potentially eliminating a fellow Rider who went rogue.  He was trying to use a Kushala Daora to destroy Dundorma and a buncha other places, so we had to stop him.", Navirou explained, "We succeeded in stopping him, but the Daora went rogue and started rampaging.  He created this huge storm, but when we flew into it, this bright, red light came outta nowhere.  Next thing we knew, Saurus and I, along with Icestorm, were in this world, stranded on Mako Fin Island.  We were found by the elder of Kori Village and a man named Shiro, and they treated our injuries and took us in."