A New Journey Begins. Welcome to The Strawhat Pirates, Saurus!

"Quickly Shiro, we need to get back to the village before the storm worsens!", Kirika shouted over the howling winds.

Shiro ran as fast as he could while trying not to drop the now soaked firewood.  Harsh storms on the Grand Line weren't uncommon, but something about this one felt... unnatural.  As they ran, a loud roar rang out, making them freeze.  The duo looked up to see a large shape move through the storm clouds, while a smaller shape fell from the clouds.  The smaller shape crashed into the  woods to the North.

"What was that?", Shiro questioned.

"I'm afraid I don't know", Kirika replied, shaking her head, "We'll investigate in the morning after the storm passes."

The two ran back to their village as the storm raged, unable to stop thinking about what could have descended from the clouds.  

The next morning Kirika and Shiro made their way to the northern woods.  The storm had done quite a number on the forests, knocking down trees and flooding important paths.  The excess moisture mixed with the heat of the morning sun created a high amount of humidity, which, when combined with the floodwater, thick mud and fallen trees, made traversing the terrain difficult.  

The duo made their way, with much difficulty, to where the strange thing from the sky had fallen.  They knew they were getting close when they reached a large section of fallen trees.  They gasped in shock when they say what lied in the center of the fallen trees.  

Before them laid a red wyvern, the size of a polar bear, curled up around a young woman and a strange cat.  All three seemed to be injured, and when the wyvern saw Kirika and Shiro, it hissed and covered the human and cat with a wing protectively.  

"Is that... a dragon!?", Shiro gasped.

The young woman coughed weakly and the wyvern turned his attention to her.  It gently pressed its snout against her cheek and whined.  It licked her cheek, trying to comfort her.  Shiro noticed this and realized the dragon was protecting the girl and the cat.  He carefully made his way towards them, telling Kirika to stay back, with his hand outstretched in front of him.  The wyvern hissed as Shiro approached, flames licking the edges of its maw.

"Easy boy, we just want to help", Shiro reassured softly, "Can you stand?"

The flames around the wyvern's mouth dissipated, but it did not calm entirely.  Shiro inched closer, slowly.

"We can help you guys, our village has a doctor who can patch you guys up", Shiro explained, now crouched just in front of the wyvern.  

The red wyvern stared at his hand for a moment, before quickly turning to his human when she began another fit of weak coughs.  His blue eye widened, and he slowly turned to face Shiro again.  His human and her Felyne were badly hurt, and potions weren't going to be enough this time.  Carefully he maneuvered the two onto his back on stood up.  Shiro smiled at him and the wyvern could sense his pure intentions.  He gently nudged his hand and slowly followed the two humans back to their village.

...

"..."

"...rus"

"Saurus..."

"Dragon Lady!"

"Quiet you idiot!"

I groaned weakly and opened my eyes, my vision still blurry.

"Nav...irou...Rath...a", I moaned weakly.

"Nya, she's awake!"

When my vision cleared I saw Navirou and the Strawhats standing over me.  Navirou looked close to tears.  I gave a weak smile and he quickly tackle hugged me.