The Wounded Must Carry On. The Battle for Alabasta!

Vivi and the remaining Strawhats finally reached the Sandora River.  They had only 4 hours left to reach Alubarna.  Unfortunately, the moving crab was a land creature, unable to cross the river, much to the pirate's displeasure.

"WHAT?!", Usopp shrieked, "THIS CRAB CAN'T CROSS WATER?!"

"Moving crabs are creatures of the sand.  They can't stand water", Vivi explained.

"It'll take all day to cross this river!", Usopp exclaimed, "and there's still several kilometers of desert afterwards.  If the crab can't make it, we'll have to run for it!  There's no way we can make it on time!"

"Oh no, the Sandora's right up ahead!", Sanji shouted, pointing up ahead, "Do something Scissors!"

"Oh yeah!  Scissors loves dancers!", Chopper exclaims.

He and Usopp move Nami to where Scissors could see her, having her remove her cloak to show off her dancer-esque outfit.  The crab immediately became infatuated with the sight of the navigator, and started picking up speed rapidly.  He hit the water and three crew seemed in awe as, for a moment, the crustacean was running on top of the water.  This didn't last long though, and he sank about halfway across.

"Wait!  We don't have a boat!", Usopp shouted, "how far to the other side?!"

"About 50 kilometers", she replied.

"WE CAN'T SWIM THAT!", Usopp shrieked.

Then, a massive catfish breached the surface, towering over the pirates.  

"A Sandora Rare Catfish!", Vivi exclaimed.

The catfish opened its maw and lunged for the pirates, looking to devour them.  The Strawhats began swimming away as fast as they could.  Suddenly, the catfish jerked to a stop, wailing in pain.  When the pirates looked back, they saw the Kung Fu Dugongs from earlier standing on top of the beaten catfish.  

With the help of the dugongs pulling the catfish, the Strawhats were able to safely and quickly cross the last stretch of the river.

"We're doing good, think we can still make it in time?", Zoro questioned once they were across.

"I don't know.  Even with Eyelash here, it will be tough", Vivi responded.

"But he can only hold two people!", Usopp exclaimed, "and Baroque Works is hunting us.  Isn't there a way we can travel as a group?!"

The sound of thundering footsteps caught the group's attention, and they turned to see Carue and a group of ducks running towards them.  

"Carue!", Vivi shouted, both happy and relieved, "and the Super Spotbill Duck Squad!"

They hopped on the ducks' backs, covered their faces with their cloaks to hide their identities from Baroque Works, and the group took off towards Alubarna.

...

Just outside the entrance to Alubarna, the Officer Agents waited for the Strawhats to arrive.  

"At this rate, the rebels will get here first", Miss Merry Christmas commented, "didn't they want to stop this battle?"

"They probably just can't make it in time", Miss Doublefinger said, taking a huff from her pipe, "They were in Rainbase for quite a while."

"Theyyyyy're cominnnnnng!", Mr. 4 dragged out.

"What?!  You serious?!", Miss Merry Christmas inquired.

"Soooo, if the fighting starts first, then what are we supposed to do?", Mr. 2 wondered.

"We don't have to do anything", Miss Doublefinger assured him, "If the battle starts, not even the princess can stop it."