A Lurking Threat, Desert Apex Predators!! A Battle for Desert Survival!

As Saurus and Silverfin continued to escort the Heart Pirates, Saurus was endlessly doubting her decision.  Her survival instincts were going full force, trying to convince her Rider's code that this was a bad idea, that she should run and leave them to their fate.  A wiser Rider would've certainly done so.  Helping a fellow pirate crew was already extremely risky, but helping one whose captain had a bounty of well over 100 million?  Well that would just seem suicidal, especially in Saurus's grave condition.  Not only that, but a monster turned man eater was also a serious risk.  That Rathian was bound to be far more aggressive after consuming fresh human flesh. 

"Hey, I know you said you were already part of a crew, but maybe you should join the Heart Pirates!  Ya know, if we get out of here alive, that is", Penguin offered.

"I think I'll pass on that", Saurus thought, "I don't think I'd enjoy working for a man nicknamed 'the Surgeon of Death'".

"Sooo... you said that dragon thing was called a Rathian, right?", Shachi questioned.

"Yeah, I guess you could say I'm familiar with them", Saurus replied, not wanting to reveal too much. 

A splashing to her right caught her attention, while the two pirates ahead of her remained oblivious.  Saurus gave Silverfin's side a nudge to get him to lunge forward, knocking the two men over just as 2 long, yellow monsters emerged from a nearby lake.  The creatures skidded to a stop after missing their quarry, their short, razor-sharp claws scraping against the cave floor.  Flattened tails waved behind them in an aggressive manner as they flashed their large, flat, dermal plates.  Along their backs were stripes of spongy material, and their heads were decorated with small crests. 

"What was that for?!", Shachi snapped, before noticing the creatures in front of them.

"Ludroth?  Then this shouldn't be too hard", Saurus thought, before shouting, "Get behind me, you two!"

"Really?  I think we can handle these small fry on our own!", Penguin boldly declared.

One of the Ludroth lunged for him, and Penguin delivered a kick to the leviathan's lower jaw.  It fell back and rolled over, dazed from the blow.  The second Ludroth hissed aggressively and shot forward, aiming to barrel through the men.  Shachi retaliated with a kick to its side, knocking the monster into its dazed companion.

Both men stood proudly, arms folded.

"See, told you we're strong", Shachi bragged.

Saurus just raised an eyebrow.  The Ludroth pair rose to their feet, and reluctantly fled, diving into the lake they emerged from. 

"Guess they aren't completely reliant on their captain.  That should make my job here a bit easier", Saurus thought. 

As she watched the two men flex proudly, her and Silverfin moved on ahead of them.  The men scrambled after her.

...with the Strawhats...

After explaining to Castor the events that took place during their time in Alabasta, the man was tense to say the least.  He scratched his short, scruffy beard as he mulled everything over. 

"That bastard Crocodile!  We should've known he was up to no good", Castor sighed, feeling regretful at leaving his home, "I thought the Warlords were supposed to be protectors!"

He sighed, giving a wave of his hand.

"I wish there was more I could do, but being so far away from home, there's not much.", Castor said, before perking up and grabbing Luffy's hands in his own, "Still, you have my sincerest thanks for protecting the princess and saving Alabasta from that cretin.  Why don't you all join me back at our base camp?  We've got more than enough room for you".