Prologue to the Hunt

On an island somewhere along the Grand Line...

Humans

"FIRE THE CANNONS, QUICKLY!", a terrified pirate shouted to his men. They scrambled to their cannons and took aim as something flew overhead. A loud screeching roar echoed across the skies, making the pirates tremble in pure terror.

Monsters

A large, winged creature swooped down, lashing out at the pirates. The beast was covered in matte yellow, razor sharp scales with red streaks. A massive, bladed crest sat atop the beasts' head, and could flick forward like a switchblade. The beast lashed out, firing a barrage of sharp scales at the pirates. The pirates screamed in agony and terror as the scales tore them apart.

Their fighting has been told in tales for centuries

Several surviving pirates fired their cannons, the cannon balls striking the beast. The monster let out another loud screech and swung its massive tail, smashing the cannons with little effort.

Man battles monster, either slays it and becomes a hero

The pirate captain attempted to lash out with his cutlass, but the monster snapped the sword and crushed it.

Or he dies trying

The monster then lunged forward, grabbing the captain in its toothed beak-like maw and crushing him. The remaining pirates fled, not wanting to meet the same fate as their captain. The monster let out a victorious battle cry, spreading its massive wings as it rattled the scales around its neck.

Both sides always at odds

But, what if there was something more?

Another roar reverberates through the air, catching the bladed monster's attention. A red monster soars overhead, before swooping down and slashing the beast with its talons.

What if things weren't always so black and white?

After slashing the yellow monster's face, the red monster landed in front of it. A human figure was mounted upon the saddle on the monster's back, clad in silver armor, brown hair tied in a short ponytail with long bangs, and steel blue eyes.

What if violence and peace could work together?

The person got off the red monster and drew the massive silver great sword from their back. The red monster stood proudly by the human, ready to aide them.

Heh, things are never that simple. Alignments are never so simple, and no choice is free of consequences.

The human and the monster both lunged at the yellow monster, who retaliated with its own lunge. Time seemed to slow.

All you can do

The human slashed the monster's face and landed just below it. The red monster shot a powerful fireball at the yellow one, knocking it back.

Is grab life by the horns

The human jumped onto the red monster, which flew up into the air.

And get ready

The red monster then became cloaked in flames, and dove down towards the yellow monster, its flaming talons extended.

For the ride of your life

The yellow monster only had time to screech before the duo's fiery dive struck it, the impact causing a pillar of flames to shoot into the air. The red monster leapt out of the fire and slid to a stop. Its eyes were glowing bright blue, and the human on its back was completely unharmed.

Just remember, you're never alone. Your friends will always be by your side. Human or monster, they will be there for you, no matter what.

Several days later, on the same island...

And now, here in this strange land I arrived in

The human and the red monster stood at the edge of a cliff, overlooking the humans in the harbor below.

This lesson I learned

The human watched as the others below boarded their ships and left, seeming relieved that they were gone.

Would mean more than ever before

"Come, Ratha", the human said to the monster, walking away from the cliff. The monster followed behind. The two were greeted by a small, bipedal cat, who happily greeted them. They returned the happy greeting, and the three headed deeper into the island's interior.

A Monster Rider, in a world of Pirates, caught up in a massive treasure hunt. Four forces, fighting for control of the seas. In this world of skewed justice and endless chaos, how did I come to join the madness? I will tell you, my friends, the story of this new journey, into a new world. Take flight with me, and together we will explore, the Great Pirate Era.