The Steel Dragon Appears. Arrival of the Kushala Daora!

Navirou and I stood frozen as the Kushala Daora stood over us.  My eyes narrowed when I recognized this particular Kushala.  The same one we fought before getting stranded here.  

"You...", I growled as I stood up, "You're the reason we're here!  SEND US BACK HOME DAMNIT!"

Angrily I lunged forward, aiming to drive my sword into the dragon's skull.  The Kushala Daora opened its mouth and released a powerful blast of ice and frigid air, striking me point blank and sending me flying back.  Ratha quickly caught me and helped me onto his back.  He snarled at the Kushala and launched a fireball, which the elder quickly evaded by flying up.  The Kushala roared and the storm intensified, creating a barrier of wind around it.  

"Tear those winds apart Ratha, Infernal Breath!", I commanded.

Ratha flew up to meet the Kushala Daora's storm, flames licking at his maw as silver sparkled around his fangs.  He opened his mouth and released a massive stream of blood red and orange flames, mixed with streaks of blue, yellow, white and silver.  The raging fire struck the powerful wind barrier, which resisted only momentarily before being forcefully dispersed.  The flames continued past the wind, striking the Kushala.  The elder dragon roared as the flames scorched its metallic scales and furiously flapped its wings to disperse the fire.  

Ratha gave the elder no time to recover and rushed towards it head on.  The Kushala eagerly met his challenge, and a loud clack resounded as the dragons' skulls rammed into each other.  Both dragons froze midair before pushing back.  The Kushala launched another ice breath, which I had Ratha counter with Savage Fireball.  The attacks collided and created a powerful explosion, the shockwaves causing nearby trees to bend and break from the pressure.  

"Get me close to him Ratha!", I shouted.  

Ratha nodded and flew at the Kushala Daora, narrowly avoiding the beasts tail.  He flew just above it and I jumped onto its back, making the dragon thrash wildly.  I gripped a section of its metal scales and drew my Kirin sword back, before plunging it into the beast's back.  The beast roared in pain the the triple pronged sword pierced its flesh, the Kirin horn at the center releasing multiple, powerful shocks.  Every stab drew blackish-red blood overflowing with dragon element energy.  As soon as I drew my sword back for another stab the dragon turned sharply, throwing me over its wing and off its back.  The Kushala dove down towards me as I fell, its metal maw wide open ready to crush me.  I could see Ratha flying towards me, and in an attempt to put distance between myself and the elder I quickly slashed my sword just as it got close.  The points of my sword dug into the dragon's face, starting from the left side, and carved up to the right.  This left a massive gash that left the dragon howling in pain and gave Ratha enough time to reach me. 

I quickly grabbed Ratha's saddle as he veered up sharply, narrowly avoiding hitting the ground below.  The Kushala, who was still writhing in pain, did not move quickly enough and crashed into the ground.  Trees were torn apart and uprooted by the dragon's landing, leaving a massive tear in the earth.  

I gripped the saddle tightly as we hovered over the Kushala Daora, and , unsurprisingly, the beast was not down yet.  Even as strong as Elder Dragons went, this Kushala was far stronger than any of its kin I had slain before.  The beast stood up and shook itself off, the sound of creaking metal clearly audible with each movement it made.  It spread its wings again, knocking down a few more trees, and took off, flying in the direction of Kori Village.  Before I could follow it though, I had to get to Shiro! 

"Shiro!", I shouted as we landed.  

I carefully sat him up and shook him awake.  He stirred weakly and gave one of his cheeky grins.