Chains of Sand, Key of Water. A Battle on Borrowed Time.

"Stand up", Luffy ordered, glaring at Crocodile.

I snarled when I heard the sandman chuckling, could he get anymore cocky?  

"When I lost, the water of Yuba made me realize...if you touch water, you can't turn into sand", Luffy stated, spraying water from his barrel on his arms, "That's why you hate the rain:  you're afraid of it!"

"You're a coward", I hissed, "you stole an entire country's rain for years, all because you're afraid of getting wet!"

"As long as we use this water, we can beat you", Luffy stated, "this fight is just beginning."

Crocodile sat up, resting his hand on his knee and cackling.  I noticed Navirou wasn't here, and became concerned as he wasn't with Vivi either.

"Where's Navirou?!", I snarled, taking a step forward, hand resting on my sword.  

"Oh, you mean your little cat friend?", Miss All Sunday chimed in, "He ran off to find the cannon, I can't believe he left your dear princess to fend for herself."

"You're a terrible liar", I bit back, "he wouldn't have left her alone unless she asked him to."

She chuckled softly, and I glared daggers at her.

"Do you two actually think you can defeat me?", Crocodile mocked.

"Yes", Luffy stated firmly.

"You're gonna pay for what you did to Deathwing", I threatened.

Ratha growled and clawed at the ground.

"Even when your life was in danger, you could still see through my trick", Crocodile mocked, "but you're still young and foolish.  You think that's all there is to it?  You're dead wrong.  You know I'm one of the Seven Warlords."

"So what?", Luffy bit back, "Then that makes me...the eighth warlord!"

If I didn't have a massive gash on my face I would've facepalmed.  Everyone else was equally befuddled by the Straw Hat boy's comment.  I, not-so-gently, thwacked him on the back of the head.

"OWWW!  What was that for!", Luffy shouted.

"Can't you be serious for once?", I scolded him.

"I AM SERIOUS!", Luffy declared, before pulling his arm back for a punch, "Gomu Gomu no Pistol!"

His fist shot forward, but Crocodile easily evaded, his cocky smirk ever present.  

"Your attacks are predictable", Crocodile taunted, before grabbing Luffy's outstretched arm, "don't forget that my hand can absorb water."

He absorbed the water covering Luffy's arm and started to drain the water from his arm.  Luffy runs towards him and kicks him, freeing himself as Crocodile turned to sand.  Luffy skidded to a stop.  Ratha flew up until he was hovering a few meters over Luffy's head.  

"Remember earlier, when you said using your devil fruit powers in different ways can make you stronger?", Luffy smirked, dousing his entire body with water.  

Luffy unleashed another Gomu Gomu no Pistol, but then flicked his arm like a rubber band, turning a single punch into a violent barrage.  Crocodile leapt back and lashed out with his Desert Spada, which Luffy dodged at the last second.  The attack sliced through the stone and carved a massive chunk out of the palace wall.

"Now Ratha!  Poison Kick!"

Crocodile had no time to turn around before Ratha slammed his clawed feet, drenched in both water and venom, into his back.  Crocodile went flying towards Luffy, and wore a look of anger and disbelief before Luffy slammed his fist into the man's face.  Luffy then yanked off his water barrel and threw it at Crocodile, aiming to get him wet.  Crocodile was quick to recover though, and sent both Luffy and the barrel flying with a sandstorm.  Ratha swooped down and caught Luffy and the barrel, carefully bringing them down to the ground.