Chapter 2 - Wait...so you're an assassin?

About an hour later, a woman came walking into NYPD in an expensive business suit, holding one of the biggest bags Percy had ever seen in her life. She wore green heels that matched her green eyes, almost matching Percy's. Anybody else would believe that they were related, except Percy of course. Since she knew that her looks came from Poseidon, and the woman in front of her looked nothing like her mom. Other than the dark brown shade of hair, nothing about the woman was similar to her mother. 

For one, the woman had wavy hair whereas her mother had straight hair. Not to mention the green eyes. The woman was suspicious. 'Am I being legally kidnapped or something?' Percy thought. The lady seemed to hold herself with the utmost dignity, with an air of authority. She also appeared to be analyzing Percy, as if looking for any sign of a threat. 

'Probably saw my records', Precy reasoned with herself, 'I'm pretty sure any normal mortal who saw that would be wary of me.'

"Right. Hello, I'm looking for a Mr. Perseus Jackson." the lady said, flipping her hair before turning to Officer Langdon, who had entered the room at the point.

"Excuse me, it's Miss Percy Jackson. Not Mr. And I go by Percy." Percy injected, scowling.

"Oh, so you're my nep-neice, that's great! Well.. I'll just sign the papers, and then we can go catch up! I bet your mother told you all about me! I'm her favourite sibling, you see."

Percy eyed her up and down once again, before shortly replying.

"Sure."

-

Ten minutes later, Percy was in a car, heading to the docks, since she absolutely refused to take a ride in the helicopter.

"Absolutely not! I am afraid of flying, [not heights], and totally air sick. So... no way. "

The lady- Talia, was starting to get impatient.

"Right, well... Ms. Percy, I'm sure your mother has told you about our family, and the way we do things."

"No. I actually didn't know she was adopted, and why wasn't she raised with you guys, anyways?"

"Well... i'll fill you in on that later, as for your question, father got me, and mother got Salana. You might know her as Sally."

I paused. So my mom had a thing with names too? Go figure.

"Right. So... what do you do exactly, what's your... business, as Officer Langdon put it- banking or something?"

"Oh, no... that is just a front for the league. Obviously. I'd never get a desk job."

"You and me both, lady. What's the league?"

"You have a lot of questions. However, in short, it is an organization that helps make the world a better place by ridding it of the scum- bad people, basically."

"Oh.. so you're some sort of 'bad guy killing' assassin?"

"Yes... essentially."

"Wait... so you're an assassin? For reals?! Oh my god, get me out of here!" Percy shrieked, pulling at the seat belt. Well.. she was supposed to be just another mortal, so she acted the way she thought one would.

"Oh don't be silly. I'm not going to do anything to you... unless, of course, you betray the league. First, we need to get you recruited. You seem to have a history with... accidents, we shall investigate in that as well."

"Hey! Also, you wanna make me an assassin? I mean, sorry, aunt, but I don't think that's going to work. I mean, I do fight, and know how to use a sword from my fencing lessons, but... I'm not going to kill anybody."

"Well... we shall revisit that later. For now, you are under my custody, and will do what I say. OR perhaps I should just call up Officer Langdon, was it?"

Percy cursed under her breath.

"And mind your language young lady! Also, we're family. Isn't that important?"

"After meeting my dad's side of the family, I learnt not to fall on the 'blood relations' factor too much. I only am loyal to people I trust."

"Well.. you shall learn to trust me, in time. For now... get up. We're at the dock. The boat awaits us."

"Right-O!"

-

"So... this is your... what is it called, again?"

"Compound. Nanda Parbat."

"So... we made it across the world in a boat... in three hours? And that's normal?"

"Please. The league only has the best of the best, of everything."

"Mhm."

'Not like it has anything to do with me speeding up the boat and changing the currents, right?', Percy thought, snarkily.

"Right. Now, I am the head of the league. It was founded by my father, who is dead. My son is currently with his father, in Gotham City. You will meet him, not now, but eventually. He is the heir to the league. You are to join the league. I believe you would be a good addition. Understood?"

Percy shrugged.

"Sure, whatever, man, as long as it's the baddies that go and no innocent people, I don't really care."

Percy was already used to killing, [as wrong as it sounds] - she had to kill monsters on a daily basis. As long as the people were certainly bad, and evil and not good, she had absolutely no problem getting rid of them. She knew that baddies never change. The same way monsters never die. Except that the baddies do.

"Right, we will also work on your attitude and vocabulary, you seem to have a very short one that has been filled with such...language that is simply not appropriate."

"You have no idea how stuck up you just sounded, auntie! Also, did you know that I have a cousin on my dad's side called Thalia? Funny, right? Like you, Talia."

"..."

"What?"

"..."

"Whatever. You may show me to where I am staying!" Percy said, lifting up the duffle bag that she had packed all her belongings with, following Talia into the compound, through the maze of walls that she was certain she would get lost in.

Then again, she seemed more adept at mazes after the fiasco with the labyrinth. 

"Here's where you'll be staying." Talia said, indicating to a room.

 It was a decent sized one. Like her room in the apartment. Enough space for a bed, a small table, and a closet.

"The bathroom is next door, freshen up, and ask one of the people around here for directions to the training room. Then, we'll talk."

Talia left, leaving Percy to unpack what little she brought.

She paused and shuddered.

"Gods, what a woman! I hope I don't grow up to be as much of a stick in the mud as she is. "