Chapter 4 - Wait, WHAT?!

"How in the Hades do you know about that?"

And all Percy got in response was a smirk.

-

She pressed further, positively growling at this point.

"ANSWER ME, WOMAN!" Percy snarled, baring her perfectly white teeth.

Talia sighed, before pushing Percy off her as if it were easy, getting nicked by Riptide in the process. A drop of blood rolled down Talia's hand.

Talia held up her bleeding finger for Percy to see. Dark, red liquid, dripping down her finger, to the base of her palm, onto the wooden floor of the training room.

plop.

plop.

plop.

"Do you understand now?"

"What is that supposed to mean? What does a bleeding finger have to do with this?"

Percy looked as if she were about to pounce again.

Talia shook her head before looking at Percy and saying,

"I know about you being a demigod, because, I am one myself. Your sword, celestial bronze. It cut me. Your proof."

"..."

"Perseus?"

"wait, WHAT?!"

Talia help up her arm, and peeled back the sleeve of her jumpsuit to reveal a tattoo... ten lines, SPQR and a sword and torch crossed.

"What... that symbol... Bellona? You are roman?"

"Yes. My mother came to my father, in the form of Melisande. My mother disappeared. I never knew her until later, when I discovered my heritage. Actually, if you knew, which you probably didn't, I wasn't really known until I was at least seventeen years old. This is because I was at camp. I had only just retired from the legion. Quite a few people still don't know I exist."

"Wait... so your related to me on mom's side... and dad's? EW!"

"No... I am not, as Bellona, is a roman goddess with no greek form. And you are greek. Not to mention that the gods don't have DNA."

"Is my mom a demigod too? She would have told me... but just in case, is she?"

"No, she is not. She is perfectly mortal. No need to worry of that."

Percy sighed in relief.

"So... we really are related, huh?"

"Yes. No one is to know of our heritage, understood? Good. Now. That we have moved on from that, shall we proceed with training?"

"Hold up. You can't just drop a bomb on me, like that and then go back to normal. Let me process everything."

"Well? Hurry up."

"Wait... but I didn't see it on your hand earlier, when you came to pick me up. And in the picture of your file at NYPD. Did you use to mist to make it disappear?"

"No. That was just a small thing called waterproof makeup. Ever heard of it?"

"That's... actually smart." Percy grumbled.

"Of course it is. Now, you better listen to me. As of right now, your cousin, my son, Damian Wayne is the heir to the league. He is with his father, my beloved. You will meet him someday. However, if... something were to happen to him, you will be the heir. Understood? You would be my only last relative to take the helm. If it comes to that, you will do so. No arguments."

"Sure... but, seriously, beloved? What kind of cheesy name is that? LAME. It's even worse than honey-bun!"

Talia grimaced at the sight of Percy's shit eating grin, and pinched the bridge of her nose, before quickly retracting her hand and glaring at Percy.

"You are turning me into some old woman. I will not stand for this! Start your training right now. We will introduce you to your instructor now. Start warming up. I'll be back in a minute."

Talia left the room through the bamboo door, walking down the hallway till she saw a member of the league. 

"You will go and summon Lady Shiva to my personal training room. Tell her that I personally call her to teach my niece."

The assassin nods, bows and leaves.

She walks onto the balcony, the one where her father was murdered before her very eyes.

She leans onto the railing, looking at the compound down below.

Talia closes her eyes. Her niece, that she only just found out existed, was the last thing she had from her sister. Not that she particularly cared. The league's goal came before anything. Besides. Salana betrayed the league by leaving. However... Perseus, the demigod, would be a good addition to the league. 

'She only kills the bad guys? Very well. We would have to send her after the worst ones. Oh.. and she said that she must go to school. How tiresome. No... I shall just tutor her the way I did Damian. However...she said she was to go to school... I'll consider it a part of the deal. Why am I being so lenient with her? She is so troublesome.' Talia thought to herself.

"Perseus Jackson... Just what am I supposed to do with you?