Chapter 41 - Nobody's Bulletproof

She could see all the noise around her, but all she heard was silence. Until, a single shot rang out. It came from above. The tiniest glint of bronze, and a bullet heading straight towards her.

-

BANG!

-

Time resumed to its original speed, and Percy dodged the bullet easily, relief flooding her system, only for it to be absolutely crushed the second she heard a grunt from behind her.

She knew exactly who that was. 

BANG. The sound replayed in her head, like a broken record, each repetition causing yet another crack in her heart. 

Percy turned, her eyes widening in horror at the sight. She knew what had just happened. She understood from the moment she saw. Percy stood still, falling to her knees, oblivious to the three more shots that rang out from behind her. She heard screams, a cry, another grunt, a curse. She heard people rushing about her. But she couldn't comprehend it. No, she was shocked. 

A body crashed down to the first floor. That was one bullet. Scarecrow was down. Jason must've shot him. But who else was injured? It wasn't her parents. The bullets were fired in this room. So who was shot? The bullets didn't ricochet. She heard the other grunt. It was a softer one. She couldn't place this one. She couldn't care, for that one. 

No. She couldn't even think of that. She couldn't think at all. A tear rolled down Percy's cheek. Followed by another, and another, until she was sobbing, arms supporting herself and the body she had met on the ground.

Because in front of her, coughing, eyes filled with wrath at the no-less-than humiliating injury, was a woman she had come to love. A woman she had thought of as a mother- since her own mother was missing.

In front of her, lay Talia al Ghul, bleeding out from the stomach, all over the wooden floor. 

Percy couldn't help but cry.

-

A/N. I told you this would be short. But this seems a bit too short. The thing is, I didn't want this bit in the previous chapter, cus I wanted it to be more dramatic, but now it feels JUST A BIT TOO SHORT, because there is MORE TO THIS MOMENT. Oh well. The plot continues in the next chapter, so see you then!

- Scarecrow's dead. Easy ending to that, but the story is far from over. You'll understand soon, I suppose. 

QUESTIONS:

1) How do you feel about this chapter?

2) Is Talia going to die: YES OR NO, and why do you think so?

Vote, Comment, and hope you're having a great day or night, wherever you are! 

[i literally said this in the last chapter as well- how dumb of me. But I mean it, so it's okay!]

ALSO: if anyone's wondering why the chapter name changed, it's because I forgot to actually name it before publishing it, hehe... I normally just save the chapter name as a short gist of the main idea while working on it, and I totally forgot to actually name the chapter. So here we have it: Nobody's Bullterproof.