Chapter 18 - "Well, shit."

Percy had woken early. She wandered about the manor slightly, cleaning a little here and there, before heading to the kitchens.

And thank the gods, Alfred was not there yet. She had decided on pancakes, because how could one go wrong with pancakes? Obviously, she chose not to make them blue, since these were normal, boring and totally not cool people. Quickly whisking up the smooth batter, she elegantly poured it into the pan, making some perfectly round pancakes.

"Ah miss Priscilla, my, you are up early. Thank you, for starting on the breakfast."

"Oh yeah, no problem."

" I see you are much more competent at pancakes than Pozole. Continue making then. Until there are at least seventy. You have around twenty done now, right?"

"Er... yes?"

"Good. Continue. I will make omelettes, juice the oranges, roast the coffee beans and brew some coffee. Is that alright?"

"Oh, um yes. I'm also visiting some family later today... could I use the oven to make some cookies?"

"Help yourself! Just make a few extra. For the boys. It won't compare to my cookies, of course, but they would like something sweet."

"Alright."

And so Percy spent the next two hours making pancakes and blue cookie dough, something that was noticed but not mentioned by Alfred.

She just popped the four trays into the two ovens, only using two out of four. (Yes, the Waynes are rich.)

-

And so, the bat-family each slowly slouched into the kitchen, each one either groaning or rubbing their eyes. First was Damian, dripping in sweat from his... gardening session. Then Dick, arms wrapped around himself as if he were cold, followed by Tim, eyebags and all, Bruce following behind as well. Jason turned up half an hour after the others, claiming that he had left but came back for Alfred's breakfast. 

The meal was silent. Percy stayed the kitchen, listening to the sound of forks and knives clicking against plates and the small hums of approval at the taste of the food. 

And then a ding. Her cookies were done.

"Is that Alfred's cookies? Why're they blue?" Dick said, peeping into the kitchen at the sound of the oven.

"Erm- Because?" Percy said, not really feeling like explaining how her missing mother made a tradition that she swore to follow for life. 

"Well, they taste amazing, as usual!" Dick said, snatching one from the tray.

"Wait, hold on, I made some for you guys, but these are for my family. I'm visiting them today. For the first time in two years."

"Oh.. Cool! Well, as long as we get some, I guess. I thought you said you didn't have much family though?"

Pause.

"When did I say that?"

"In your application, Bruce told me" Dick said, smoothly covering the fact that everybody in the mansion knew all about her 'public' knowledge, either from the batcomputer, or from Tim at school, or from Bruce and Alfred.

"Oh... no, I er- I do have family. My mom isn't dead. I don't know, but I hope not, at least, uh, I stayed with my auntie Lia for two years, and just moved here, with Vi. I do have cousins and other family. I just haven't met them in... a while. We sort of drifted apart, I guess, after a few incidents."

"Hm. Well then, it's a good thing that you're meeting them, right?"

"Oh, uh yeah. I found out Jason died just four days ago, and I need to go pay my very late respects."

"Wait you found out four days ago? And you're still coming to work?"

"Yeah, I guess not all of us have a super cool billionaire as a dad, huh?"

Total lie. Percy had a super powerful GOD [who technically was richer than all the Bruce Waynes in the world] as her dad, but no need to mention that.

"Yeah, er-"

"Oh, don't worry, no hate. Just... stating facts, I guess."

Dick nodded, awkwardly, before taking some cookies from the small pile [that Percy had allocated the Waynes] and skipped out the kitchen.

Cue the masses coming into the kitchen for more cookies. 

Percy took this as an opportunity to sneak out the kitchen with her cookies and quietly walked up to Alfred, who was still serving Bruce, and letting him know that she was going.

"Oh, of course Miss Priscilla, do go ahead. I heard you were meeting some family today?"

"Uh... yeah. I'd better go though, or I'll miss the train to New York."

"Yes, please do. Today is your mother's birthday, right? Make sure you're alright. You'll find, eventually. Hopefully." Bruce said, looking at Percy dead in the eyes.

"Yeah, uh, we hired some detectives and stuff, but nobody could find anything. It's like she just vanished."

"Alright. Be sure to inform your roommate of Alfred when you reach, for safety's purposes."

"Yeah, I'll call Vi."

"Alright, have a good day, I suppose."

"Bye!"

-

Percy was standing right outside the Camp borders with a tin of cookies in hand. Of course, she didn't actually take a train, she just walked into some dark alley and mist travelled from there. Peleus still guarded Thalia's tree. THe barriers were stronger now, and there were many more cabins, and shrines littering the hillside. Posters of gods on banners. 

'It must've been Jason's work. '  Percy thought to herself, smiling bitterly at the fond thought. 

She took a breath, and stepped over the boundary line. 

Immediately, the campers came to the barrier to see who had breached it. Percy could see not only the greeks, but a couple romans as well. Many new faces, Many old. All those that knew her paused at the sight of her, calling down the new campers. 

Each face, grim.

There was the most hateful silence between them, until a loud, voice broke the sound barriers separating them. 

"PERSEUS JACKSON YOU SONOFA- WHERE THE FREAKING HELL WERE YOU?"

And all Percy could do was stare at Thalia in response to her very loud question.

She looked different. Well, she still looked sixteen, since she was 'immortal', but her hair was longer, tied up in a rough ponytail, and she had a scar running down her face and neck. 

She looked angry. 

"Well, shit." Percy mumbled, accepting the fate that was awaiting her.