Chapter 33 - "Let the mission commence."

-

Back at the Batcave

-

"Hey Bats", Maelstrom said, just getting off the phone with Talia, "Tals is coming over. Is that cool? She got some information from Harley Quinn. She's gonna help us get your wife back, Mr. Freeze- you should know her, Talia al Ghul, she's pretty popular in the criminal underworld."

The three [accompanied by Robin and Red Hood, who decided to stay silent during the entire meet and greet], were standing in the middle of the cave, near the dinosaur. There was a pause before Freeze answered, silence filled by the rushing of the waterfall in the background. Percy had to admit, Batman did have a swanky crib. Above ground and below.

"I have heard of her," Freeze nodded, "But how do I know to trust her?"

"Ugh, you won't, but you have our word. And I can vouch for her. She's my au-wesome mentor. She's super chill."

"Alright. What could one more person do anyways?" Mr Freeze said, grumbling under his breath.

Percy rolled her eyes under her mask.

"Yeah, well she'll be here soon,"

"Mot-Talia al Ghul is coming here? Why?" Robin asked, bless him, the snobby brat child of Bruce and Talia.

"She has information from Harley Quinn. Also, she'll be helpful in the actual operation."

Robin grimaced, slightly, scrunching his nose in annoyance. 

'Dam. There are times when you can truly see the resemblance between Damsie and Tals,', Percy thought to herself, trying to hold back a snort.

"She'll be here in twenty. Mr. Freeze, why don't you sit down over there- at the table, and go through the information I gathered so far, I need to have a talk with Batman regarding our previous encounters and stuff."

"Whatever." he said, moving over towards the large table at the end of the room, with the monitors and Percy's USB drive of information.

Batman and Percy walked to the other side of the cave, out of Mr. Freeze's earshot.

"Maelstrom. What did you need to say?"

"I... just wanted to say thanks for helping us out and stuff. And, that if this works and I don't die, I'll... I'll tell you, who I am."

Batman's eyebrows rose in silent surprise. The girl was willing to trust him enough to reveal her identity, if the plan worked.

"Alright. And then what?"

"Well, I'm not going to let you put me in jail, but when I do explain who I am, I'm probably going to need to explain a lot of stuff. Like about who I am, and some of my history. And maybe about my falsely accused juvenile record? I swear, I'm not actually a criminal though. Promise."

Batman sighed.

"Alright. We'll deal with this after  the operation. Till then, we just focus on getting Freeze's wife and your parents back. Who are they, by the way?"

"Um... I could tell you, but I really can't because it might give away who I am... I'll ask Talia when she comes. I need her permission to tell you this kind of stuff." Percy said, before her phone buzzed with a message, "Oh and speaking of Talia, she's here. Open the garage door, Batsy."

Batman stared at her, before rolling his eyes and taking out a remote from his Bat-pocket. There was one big black button, which he pressed, and then the waterfall stopped falling and the two large metal doors behind it parted. Talia drove in on her motorcycle, which she parked next to Percy's.