Chapter 9 - "call me Blue."

School had been going pretty well for Percy so far. She was pretty decent at her classes, except Mr. Willins, but that was a given. He just hated her, to put it simply. From the pranks to the attitude to the retorts he that he couldn't give comebacks to, Percy was just too much for him. And so... he made it his point to put her detention whenever he could.

And that's where Percy's reputation began. The not so dumb older kid, who was always in trouble, like a half delinquent. It attracted a lot of attention, sadly. From the weird boys coming after her asking for her number to the big queen bees asking her to hang out. She declined all, of course. She had Anita with her. No need for other nobodies.

Anita, of course, despite being her best (and only, but that was intentional) friend at school, had no idea who she was. For safety and confidentiality reasons.

At home, Percy had been training hard with Lady Shiva. She had been getting stronger and stronger, but that was expected of the young demigoddess.

And of course, she had been breaking the rules and escaping into the city every few nights, when Lady Shiva had finally turned her eye onto something else.

On a night such as this, she snuck out through the window, down the fire escape. She was wearing her league outfit- with the arm guards this time. She did not want to get darted again.

Percy was bored. She had absolutely nothing fun to do. Training had been done so many times, it was more of routine than fun. And as amazing as Anita was, there was no way Percy could ever call her home. Perhaps, because of the assassin roommate and the many weapons.

She swung from the fire escape bar, flipped through the air, and struck a perfect landing. The gymnastics lessons at that the school Talia sent her to was actually useful when it came to mobility during fights. Too bad she got expelled.

Percy raised her hood, aligned her back against the wall, and moved slowly, each step soundless.

She was bored.

So obviously she decided to spy on the Batfam. This time, she was heading down to crime alley- looking for a certain red buckethead. After all, there was only him and Nightwing left to meet. And crime alley was closer than Blüdhaven.

So find him, she did.

Except, he appeared to be busy fighting. And so of course, Percy helped him.

It was technically alright, as Red Hood, or Jason Todd once was with the league. Not to mention he had the same crime fighting principles as her. So she busted in and took a few baddies off his back.

"Who the hell are you?" The anti hero asked, growling with suspicion.
"Hm... who am I? A question that haunted me for eight months. I lost my memory once, you know? Horrible. Anyways, not that it's any of your concern, but I'm..."

Red Hood looked at her expectantly as he fought another one of the Black Mask's minions.

"A person," she whispered, and snickered as he growled, and reached for a gun.

"Chill out, man. Just a friend helping you out. Bats don't like me much either. I'll call you Red, so you can call me Blue." She said, giggling, not caring to mention that Batman didn't exactly know her. Or that she wasn't really Batman's ally. Just Damian's.

"that's nice, doll, but I'm gonna need more than that."

"Well... you're not gonna get much more. And did you just call me doll? What is it with you hero people calling me names. Demon, and now doll? Talk about contradictory. That's my word for the day. I need to learn more words to pass English. I've been held back in school for two years, actually. Not that it would help you figure out who I am though..." Percy rambled on, knocking out three more baddies, Red Hood watching her, gaping, amazed not only by her skills, but the fact that she was having small talk while fighting. Something he could never do. He sucked at making small talk.

"That's...interesting. So how old are you? Twenty? You said you were held back two years, right?"
Jason silently cringed at his question.

"Yup! To both."

He paused, looking at her, surprised that she actually responded.

"I don't think you should give out information about yourself like that, but please, go ahead, I still need to find out who you are."

"I'm not supposed to... but rules were made to be broken, weren't they?" Percy asks with a grin.

Jason couldn't help it. He didn't know who this woman was, but he was starting to find her interesting.

"Damn right."

Percy opened her mouth, as if she was about to say something, but her watch started beeping. She looked at it briefly, before paling.

"Welp! I have got to go! Vivi must have realized that I left again... she's gonna kill me! Gotta fly, buckethead. Bye!"

"Wh-what? Wait! Wh-huh?"

Jason only stood, befuddled as he watched the armour clad figure swing away, leaving him standing amongst a pool of unconscious men.

Who was Blue? And who is Vivi? And why the hell was he so curious about Blue?

Three questions that clouded his mind for the rest of the evening.