Chapter 15 - "Hurry up! "

Percy was having a decent day so far. Er... at least it seemed like one.
In the morning she had a small pep talk with Talia, if you could call it that, and was having an easier time dealing with the news about Jason. She also found out that after work, she and Talia would be going on a mission.

'Man, she's spoiling me. I'm glad I have Talia. She doesn't replace mom... but, it's nice to have someone looking after you.'

Percy was currently in Wayne Manor, donning a gorgeous smile, completing tasks as if they were enjoyable. Something that surprised Alfred, at least after the meltdown from the previous day.

'Is she truly alright? Well... it seems like it. I'll just keep an eye on her.'

Percy hadn't yet run into any of the boys. Which she found odd. We're they out on some day-time mission? There was their respective teams... the kiddie league and the biggie leagues that they were all a part of. Or perhaps they were just out on holiday? Who knew. Certainly not Percy. A fact that she was not particularly fond of.

Without the boys, Percy was sure that her day would be a bore. She sighed and stared at the task sheet she had been given for the day.

List of tasks:
1. Make the boys's beds.
2. Bake cookies for tea time.
3. Clean the living room
4. Help Alfred get the banquet room ready for the party.

Today's work was simple enough. Bedding, baking, cleaning, and decorating.

Of course, it wouldn't be as simple as it sounded, considering how large the Wayne Manor living room truly is. Not to mention the banquet room. Humongous was the only word fit to describe it.

Making beds were easy. Percy had been doing this all her life, so she was pretty experienced [unlike the washing machine scenario]. And baking cookies...well, it was obvious. She totally inherited the recipe from her mother. Baking cookies just made her a bit sad, since, after all it reminded her of the fact that her mother was missing. Even with Talia's help, Percy hadn't found anything. Either she and Paul were kidnapped by people who were so good at their work that even the league couldn't track them down, or people who are so not, that they weren't even in the database because they weren't worth actually checking. 

Percy was so tempted to add some blue dye that she had found in the storage cupboard, but she knew she shouldn't- the 'Masters' would probably think she was poisoning them. And so, she made her mother's cookies, without the blue- which didn't do them justice, but she did it anyways. Using large bits of chocolate instead of the chips that alfred usually used, she made the most soft, delicious, mouth watering chocolate chunk cookies. Which she was sure the boys would like. 

The living room was easy enough, all she had to do was vacuum the floor, the sofas, clean the furniture, wash the windows, get rid of whatever fur Titus shed all over the cushions, polish the metal decor things on the mantelpiece, clean the real fireplace, set up the electric fireplace . At times like these, she truly hated her job. And that was an understatement. At least she had her powers to help with the floors and the windows- she just needed to make sure she used them inconspicuously, so nobody noticed anything suspicious.

And then she still needed to help Alfred with the banquet room, later.

Today was going to be a long today.

-

Percy had just finished work.

It was exhausting, mentally, physically, and emotionally. At some point through the living room, she got so bored and tired, that she felt like bursting into tears.