Chapter 24 - "What's your favourite food?"

-

Percy walked down the stairs, a basket of laundry in her hands. It was another day at work. She'd gotten accustomed to her usual tasks, and was aware of what needed to be done without the list. She'd gotten on with Tim, making small talk whenever she saw him. He was, after all, her classmate. It would be rather odd if she totally ignored him. Damian was still the ever so royal brat. Dick Grayson only popped by the mansion every sunday for family dinner, Jason showing up every other day, 'for the food'. He did speak to her sometimes, but not quite often. He had no idea that his dear, hated, father's butler in training was the mysterious 'Blue' he had become acquaintances with. She made a mental note, 'Talk with Red. We have much to discuss'.

-

Percy put in an earbud and began mopping the ballroom. It was her last chore for the day. There wasn't a gala today, but she liked the room. It was large, beautiful and the floors reflected everything in the room. It was elegant, to put it lightly. And Bruce didn't mind her cleaning it ever so often. Percy spun around, dipping the mop, before continuing to clean the floor, adding in an occasional twirl, fully aware of the eyes of a very amused Dick Grayson staring at her. She didn't stop though. That would mean she could have to make conversation, or an excuse for why she was 'dancing' during work hours. So on she went, twirling and stalling as much as she could, praying that the man would stop staring at her like she was some juggling penguin. 

Obviously, he didn't.

"Priscilla." Dick Grayson called out, waving an arm to get her attention.

"Oh! Master Richard, hello. Nice to see you. Anything I can help you with?"

"No, I just saw you dancing. You're good. Do you like to dance?" he said, approaching her, with curiosity shining in his eyes. He'd only seen the girl every Sunday, and even then barely made conversation. Hell, Jason knew her better than he did. So obviously, he needed to know her. At least enough, as the older brother of her classmate and the son of her employer.

"Not really. Maybe? I've never actually danced with somebody- not properly, I mean. I just took lessons at school."

"Hm. So uh, you're Tim's classmate huh?"

"Yup."

"I've never seen you before though, for school projects or anything?"

"Oh yeah, um.. I've never been partnered with Tim. I have a very good friend, Anita- Anita Stone? Um, she's the one that's usually stuck with me. You might've heard of her from Tim. She's usually his competition for class topper."

"Yeah, I have. She sounds interesting. You're twenty right? Is there any reason you're still in highschool? You don't have to tell me anything if you're uncomfortable-"

"It's chill, Dick. Well, I was in an car accident- an almost fatal one- coma for a year and half. And then six months therapy- muscles do get rather sore after being in bed for so long."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Nobody died. I'm alive, we're all alive"

"Yeah. Uh, I should go now, I think my girlfriends calling. Bye-" Dick said, picking up a call, waving his hand slightly, before turning to leave, "hey, Barbs. What's up? Really? Where? The whole team? Ok, I'll be there."

Percy shook her head at the now closed doors, before picking up the mop and bucket

'He's probably going somewhere with the kiddie league. I'm done with my stuff. I should pack up and go home. Talia said she'd get the new lead's information ready by tonight.'