Chapter 21 - I've got news

-

Red Hood stormed into the batcave, nearly stepping over poor Alfred the cat as he marched towards the Batman. Bruce looked up over his reading glasses with a raised eyebrow.

"What's the occasion for the unannounced visit?"

"I...I met a friend but we had an argument, so I wanted to do some work. Who's my next dude?"

Bruce sighed deeply.

"Jason, in case you forgot, I don't give you any 'dudes'. I still do not agree to or condone your method of heroing."

"Whatever! Who's the latest baddie?"

Bruce sighed again, before pushing his chair back and standing, turning his computer over so that Jason could see the screen.

Maelstrom.

"Maelstrom. Her again" Jason said in a bitter voice

"That's right. The newest unknown in Gotham. And I do not like not knowing. She already knows our identities, and I had found this... on the batcave wall." Bruce said hesitantly. Something about Jason's tone didn't seem quite right to him.

Bruce pulled out a ziplock bag with a small, minute, round little button like object in it.

"A camera. She's been spying on us"

Jason clenched his hands. They had formed fists. 

"What all do you have on her?"

"Well, the files were deleted, but it's a good thing I have good memory. She's from the league, a higher up who calls Talia, 'Tals'. She's apparently not into following the rules, and she's twenty. There was one more thing, but I'm afraid that is beyond me. She's good. Really, really good at her job. And she may be a threat that we must neutralise."

"Right." 

"We've already got Tim out and looking for her, as well as notifying Dick, in case she ever pops up in Bludhaven. We haven't seen any activity since that night, however."

"I've seen her." Jason said in a low voice.

"What?" Bruce said, inhaling sharply, "Explain."

"Around two weeks ago. She helped me knock some thugs out while I was on a raid. Black Mask's cronies, I think. I didn't know, then. She told me to call her 'Blue'."

"Hm. Multiple aliases. Perhaps 'blue', because that's her favorite color? You should have mentioned this earlier. Have you come across this woman ever since?"

"No. No, I haven't." Jason could feel the lie slipping through his teeth. He hated that he couldn't sell her out, but he felt like he owed it to her. He hadn't known her well, but he had considered her an ally. To some extent. That, and he didn't break his promises. Or at least, he tried not to.

With a grunt, he picked up his helmet, and walked out. He'd had a bad night so far, and felt like beating the shit out of someone.

-

Percy was sitting in her room, thinking.

It had been a while since her fight, if you could call it that, with Jason. No... with Red.

She'd lost a friend before they even became friends. Ha!

"Well, I suppose the fates shall hate me always. Goodbye, my darling Red. 'I HoPe We NeVeR mEeT aGaIn', how rude!"

She turned over onto her side, before smiling bitterly.

"At least I got Annie and all back... but it's different. It's always going to be different. If RED reacted this badly, how would they? To me killing mortals? I mean, they are bad people, but...ah. Joining the league must've been the best decision of my life, but it can't help but seem a bit... stressful at times."

Percy shifted flat onto her back and stared at the ceiling.

"I wonder what Talia's doing right now."

-

About half an hour later, Percy woke up to the sound of her phone ringing.

"Damn, I fell asleep? Dam. Haha." Percy giggled. She was tired. Exhausted, to be exact. Arguing with somebody takes a whole lot out of you, apparently.

"Hm... Talia? What is it?"

"Percy.. did you just wake up?"

"Yeah, what is it?" Percy said, starting to get slightly grumpy.

"Perseus Jackson, watch your tone with me. I've got news."

"Good or bad?"

"Depends."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"I've got a lead on your mother, Percy."

-

A/N Heyyyyy, short chapter today. I love cliffhangers. WEll... this was an intentionally short chapter I guess, a small filler before another big bomb drop. The next chapter will basically be the ACTUAL start to the plot. Until now it's sort of been one-shots in chronological order, but not one-shots, cus they're all connected to the story. ANYWAYS, I can't tell you guys anymore about anything right here. Vote, comment, do all the stuff, tell me what you guys think. What are your thoughts on the lead? Ok, so obviously Sally Jackson [Salana al Ghul] was kidnapped [it's not really news at this point]. Who do you think the kidnapper is?

 I hope you like the chapter, and have an amazing day or night, wherever you are!!!

<3