Chapter 31 - Pubs, Prisoners, Partners, and Pacts [part 2]

-

Maelstrom and Batman had spent the next ten minutes walking against the walls and down the multiple ramps in the area, trying to find what could even remotely be a hint to Freeze's location. And then there it was. The two grand doors, and with one of Batman's exlodeybatarangers, a large freezer like cage, and a man who looked like he was as gloomy, angry, and exhausted as he could be. It was Mr. Freeze.

"Mr. Freeze!" Maelstrom spoke up, as Batman began working on the high tech cage, trying to find a way to break it open.

"Little girl." He spoke back, dryly.

"Where's Sally Jackson-Blofis and Paul Blofis?"

"Sally Jackson? Paul Blowfish? Who're they?"

"Woman in mid forties with brown hair and brown eyes. Man with salt and pepper hair- it's greying, basically. Blue eyes."

"That couple? They made me help take them. But why would I tell you? I'm sure they wouldn't be pleased if I told you... and then Nora-" he choked back a sob, "The scum took my wife away from me... Just because I refused to work with them. My Nora, who's so fragile, so innocent- taken by that man!"

"I'll help you get your wife back, Cyro Chamber and all that. I'll help, I swear. You just need to tell me where she is. Sally Jackson-Blofis. She's important to me too. We'll both get our people back. I work with the assassins. You know them, surely. We're a force to be reckoned with. Please, Mr. Freeze, I need to know where they are." Maelstrom pleaded, much to the surprise of Batman.

'She's getting more and more interesting the longer I'm in her presence. More and more... humane. She has people important to her that she wants to protect. And they were taken from her.'

"Fine. But we'll need to pool our information to do this. And obviously, this also means that I won't be going to Arkham or Bel Rev, or any other prison facility."

"Yes, of course!"

"Now, wait a second-" Batman started, only to be shushed by Percy.

"Batman, please. I need this. I need Freeze. We'll get his wife back, and then, I'll exit the chat between you guys and you can go back to criminal and vigilante extroidanaire. Just... after I find my m-Sally."

"Fine. But if he does anything that puts anybody at risk, I'll send him to jail, and you too- he's under your care, so he's your responsibility."

"I know, I'm not a child." Percy said, rolling her eyes.

"Hey! I'm not a dog, or something! And I'm right here!" Mr. Freeze grumbled, annoyed at the fact that he was considered a 'responsibility' and required babysitting. Of a kid, nonetheless

-

And so, two hours later, Mr. Freeze, Maelstrom and Batman had a sit-down meeting in the Batcave. To discuss their data, and to form a plan. [Batman included, because I quote, "I don't trust the two of you together"]

Also with Robin and Red Hood as witnesses, much to the grand disapproval of Robin. [Grrr. That old hag again! Tt. She's definitely plotting something.]

It was time to start scheming.

A new alliance had been formed, and a new rescue mission was to begin. The war was coming. Whether they were prepared for it or not.

-

In the meanwhile, on the other side of Gotham, in some run-down bar downtown.

The door busted open to allow a woman. A jaw-dropper, for sure. Green velvet dress, floor length. Long brown hair, deep emerald green eyes, and a smile that killed.

Enter: Talia al Ghul.

-

A/N Hey buddies! Today's was short, but I might do a double this week, so there'll probably be another one soon. This is basically just a filler. I was going to add it to the previous one, but it was originally wayy to long. But I cut it short for cliffhanger purposes, and just so that I wouldn't rush this last arc of the book. The ending is going to be real explosive and I can't wait to hear all about your reactions to that, but that is later. For now, vote, comment, tell me your favourite thing about this story, and what you think the ending is going to be like. I'm looking forward to loads of comments. I hate it when authors do this, but honestly, I want some more engagement between us, so I'll only drop the next chapter after 10 comments [not very much, I know, but I really do hate it when authors do this, so I'm superrrrr sorry about that, don't hate me]. Anyways, have an amazing day or night or anytime in between, wherever you are, I hope you guys are having fun reading this book. It's going to be so sad for me when this ends, but like I said, I'm gonna make another one after this, I'll put a pic of the cover I made below so that I can totally tease the name of the book [yayyy].

[also, since I'm dropping the cover early, please know that the picture does NOT belong to me, but I did edit the cover myself, with all the saturation stuff and the text [it's not that much, but it is something]

[also, since I'm dropping the cover early, please know that the picture does NOT belong to me, but I did edit the cover myself, with all the saturation stuff and the text [it's not that much, but it is something]. DO NOT USE THIS COVER [cus then i'll have to make another one and this picture was honestly just perfect for it but oh well- just please don't] Idk yet know when the book's coming out, cus my uploading sched is like crazy random, but hopefully sometime soon [like before August or something]. Anyways, byeee! See you next chapter [sometime this week, def.]