Chapter 7 - "Did he just call me a demon?!"

Percy mist travelled into her apartment only to come see a familiar face. And it was angry.

"Perseus Jackson! I told you not to go meddle with the Bats. Do you know how much trouble a slip up could cause? And you.. well, you've never really been discreet."

Shiva was sitting on the sofa, arms crossed, phone on the sofa, upside down. She looked pissed.

"Don't worry, Shiva, I totally did not give us away. I was absolutely discreet."

"You got caught."

"And I got out. Without revealing any secrets about the league or about myself. They don't know me as anything other than Maelstrom."

"You gave them your IDENTITY?"

"NO!"

"Maelstrom is your league's identity. It's what the league knows you as. So it's basically almost like telling them your name."

"but it's not, so we're safe."

"Percy!"

"You called me Percy! Finally. Gods, Shiva, you're just a little bit loony right now. I think you need a moment to chill."

Percy could feel the absolute horror of lady Shiva's glare on the back of her neck.

"Oh come on, Sheeves, besides. You can't stay mad at me forever. Your my roommate. I still can not believe Talia deemed me too immature to live alone. Like... what?!"

"No... it' not just her, it's basically every single person you know."

"haha, Sure..." Percy trailed off, "So! I got a camera in the batcave. You wanna watch how funny the bats are with me? We also get info for the league. Don't worry, it's built like a burner phone, once removed, it stops working, no signals or tracers can track it back to us."

"Hm. Not bad, Percy. Despite going against your orders. Let's see... if you finish getting your books ready for school tomorrow, then sure, we'll watch the Bats panic. We'll also send a recording of what we see to Talia. So she can check up on the heir, and her beloved. I'm sure she'll think of it as a pleasant surprise, after she's finished grounding you, of course."

"Shiva! No, shush! We musn't rat out our friends, yes?"

"You knew you weren't supposed to go. You totally deserve it."

"I just wanted to see Damian! Even if it's though his Robin costume and mask, even once. You know that Talia doesn't have any pictures of information of him lying around. All that I know about him I've only heard from her mouth. He's my cousin, okay? I just wanted to see the family on my mom's side. I'm not used to having any."

"Still." Shiva persisted, before pointing something out, "Besides, she can hear everything you're saying right now. She was talking to me on the phone, earlier. I forgot to mention."

Percy froze, before turning to look at a video call playing across Shiva's phone. And then she bolted. She ran to her room, shut the door and hid in the closet.

"She's not actually here, you know that right?" Shiva asked, amused.

"Yeah, but that won't stop her from yelling her pretty little head off at me." came back a reply.

About ten minutes of torture later.

"So... show me the feed from the camera." Talia instructed through the call.

Percy nodded, smirking, before opening up her DemiLaptop and entering a certain code, before a file opened up, showing the current ongoings of the Batcave. Which was a small BatFam meeting.

"So, we caught her."

"Where is she then, Demon Spawn?" Red Hood replied snarkily, earning a scowl from Talia, not that he knew of it.

Robin stood up, reaching for his sword, which was hanging on the wall.

"She escaped." Batman said, ending any openings for a fight, "And so we must find a way to get her. She had a mask, it didn't come off. We didn't get any DNA either. We do not know anything about her except that she is connected to the league and her name is Maelstrom."

"You told them your name?" Talia screeched at Percy through the phone.

"Oh hush, auntie, focus on watching the goods that I got us."

The video continued.

"So... we also found out that she will be attending Gotham Academy. So... Damian and Tim will keep an eye out for her. She has black hair"

"How old is she?"

"Around twenty. She's in high school because she was held back, according to her, that is."

Talia fumed silently at the amount of information Percy had given the Bats.

"So what are we going to do?"

"Nothing for now. Look out for her, or anything or anyone suspicious on patrol. There is nothing else we can do for now. now go upstairs. Dinner is waiting. I'll be up in a minute. Just need to enter the new details into the database. Red Robin, no more coffee. Go ask Alfred for dinner."

Once the batboys left, Batman visibly sighed.

"Why is it that every time some so... eccentric comes into my life it doesn't end well? First the Joker, now a girl who can escape being tied up in the batman'a interrogation room? Criminals these days are getting too smart. Talia, which demon have you gotten your hands on now? Wasn't Jason and Damian enough?"

-

Percy paused, before scoffing in offence at the screen.

"Did he just call me a demon?! Everybody knows I'm definitely better off being described as  godly."