Chapter Four.

"Oi! Wakey wakey!" I felt a flick to my forehead, and in response slowly opened my eyes to see a face that made me fly back.

"What the fudge!" I sit up, realizing I'm not in my house but rather still inside of the makeshift room I'd come up with before falling asleep.

"Still scampering around like a rat, even after sleeping the day and night away," Heisenberg laughed, standing back up straight. "Come on, test number one is just around the corner."

He walks out of the room without another word and I stumble up to my feet, rubbing my eyes as I try to wake up fully.

Testing?

The memory hits me like a train as I'm reminded that the only reason he has me here in this factory is to test on me.

I guess I'd been ignoring it and only ghosting over the idea in my mind, but this is happening. He's gonna hurt me, and I don't have the guts to do anything about it.

Why the fuck did I stay here?! I mean, would I even stand a chance going against him and all those other mean-looking people? Including whatever the hell is groaning.

I hesitantly follow after Heisenberg, deciding that if I listened, the pain would be less than if I tried to run and immediately get caught.

I don't even remember the way out, it's no use trying to leave when the elevator is far from my memory.

"Here we are, testing room sweet testing room," He welcomes me into the torturing space like it's a strip club.

I see a green barber-like chair in the middle, blood dripping from the side; A table of papers across from it, each one scribbled on in what seemed to be a neatened version of doctor handwriting.

It was also paired up with drawings of robotic-looking creatures, some having different tools and accessories than all the others. They looked kinda cool, and there seemed to be three or four in total.

"Chair," He points to at only sitting spot in the room, telling me to go and take a seat without actually saying it.

I shake my head, a small amount of annoyance flooding my system. "First off, my names y/n; y/n l/n. And second off, I'm not sitting in that dirty ass AID's chair."

It seemed like I caught up with my own words, because both my hands slapped over my mouth, effectively shutting me up. For frick sake y/n, lose the ego.

Heisenberg just stands there for a second, looking over my body like he's seeing me for the first time. Slowly, a smile emerges over his features, eyes blocked from the dark shades.

"And to think you could only be a scared piece of shit two minutes ago," He laughs, gliding over to me so he could raise his arm and set it on my shoulder. "y/n, huh? What a terrible name! I'm Karl, Karl Heisenberg!"

Karl? Really? That doesn't strike fear within me, nor do I think of a mad scientist.

My brows furrow and I look around for something, anything, that could've made this man's entire mood switch to joyous instead of pissed.

"Hi?" I step back, not liking his face so close to mine. He looks like the type to bite.

"I'm kind of sad you spoke up to me before we got to the testing, I was gonna skin you alive," Karl smiled viciously, stuffing his hands into his coat pockets.

"Spoke up? Wait— skinned alive?!" All I had right now were questions. Was I supposed to be relieved? What are his intentions? What the hell is going on here?

"Yup, I was waiting to see if you would do anything rebellious against me. I thought you were just gonna be another dud, some crybaby scared of dying."

Boy does he have me read wrong. I am a crybaby, and I'm awfully scared of dying in such a way as being skinned alive.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" My mouth continued to run, getting satisfied with his previous reaction.

Karl once again pleases my terrible tongue with a laugh, small snorts slipping in as he slaps his knee. "Good one, as if I know what the fuck is wrong with me."

Whether he was lying or not didn't matter, since I couldn't make him tell me. Not if he didn't want to.

"Since you've got the spunk I like, your new role is—" Karl turned around and grabbed all the strewn-out papers from the table, shoving them into my arms. "Being my assistant!"

I keep a firm grip on the notes, scared to drop one as he leaves the room. "Follow me underling, for there's a tour to be had!"

"Huh?" I trail behind in confusion, arms stuffed with papers and mind fogged with concern.

"This place is fucking huge, I can't order you to do things as an assistant if you don't even know where you're going."

Karl immediately takes sharp turns, leading me farther into the rabbit hole he considered home.

I tried to memorize it, but we began going so fast at some point that I lost the scruffy man's footsteps.

"Hello? Karl?!" I looked around, seeing nothing but a giant open space of the cave, limp bodies hanging from a conveyor belt on the ceiling like coats; robotic upgrades coating them.

I gagged, my hand flying to cover my mouth which ultimately dropped the papers I'd been trying so hard to keep clean.

Is that what he was talking about when he said testing?!

I was sick to my stomach. What little food was left in it from the last time I'd eaten had started to resurface.

"So that's how you feel towards gore, huh?" I turn around quickly to see Karl's familiar face, his arms crossed as he leaned against one of the walls. "Don't worry about the papers. They weren't my originals."

I look between him and the limp bodies, eyes shooting back and forth. My head suddenly goes fuzzy, black spots coming into vision.

"K-Karl?"

. . .

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?
-I like Oreos and pussyyy YEAH IN THAT ORDER