Chapter Thirty-Two.

I watched as Karl took a sip from his new drink, face contorting at its sour yet sweet taste. "Why does it burn?"

I laugh a little, leaning back to sip my water. "Because it's alcohol, surely you've had alcohol before— Right?"

His silence is enough of an answer as I try and grab the drink away from him, not willing to let the man keep drinking it without knowing his reaction to the substance.

Karl snatches it back, chugging the slushy down as fast as he can. "Karl!" I whisper yell his name, watching as he sets the empty glass back down.

The waiter wraps back around to our table to check up on us, and Karl smirks, pointing to his drink as he chews on a gummy worm. "I'd like another one of these please."

The man nods, and heads of to get another drink for my boyfriend as I hit my head against table. "You better not be a lightweight."

Karl's shrugs, smiling as he eats another one of sweet gummies inside the empty glass. "We'll get to find out, won't we?"

I groan, seeing as George comes back with not only Karl's new drink but our plates of food. I smile at the sight, perking up in my seat.

"Alright, so we have this for you—" George puts all of Karl's order in front of him and smiles, turning to me so he can place my meal down. "And here you go. Can I help you guys with anything else today?"

I quickly shake my head, trying to get rid of the waiter before the man across from me can order another one of the alcoholic drinks available to his disposal.

"Alright then, enjoy your meal."

I sigh in relief as I'm allowed to enjoy the food we ordered without having to worry about a drunken Karl running amuck in an Olive Garden.

"Is it—" Before I can ask Karl how his food is I watch the man chug back the second drink. "Does brain freeze even exist to you?!"

He shimmies for response, letting out a small burp. "Thanks for the meal Liebling," Karl laughs as he talks, kissing each of my hands knuckles after making me drop a fork.

I roll my eyes, hitting the man away. "What are you doing Karl? What do you want?"

"My girlfriend to love me," He mumbled, stuffing a breadstick in his mouth as he pretends to muffle fake crying.

"Karl, you know I love you, don't be an idiot," My words are honest as I try and eat, enjoying the time I'm having.

But that's when I see Karl stand up on the cushioned seat, his eyes scanning over everyone in the crowd. "Uh— ladies and genitals I'd like to make an announcement!"

Everyone looks over at our table in one go, and I try yanking the man back down, only for him to shove my hands away. I shrink into the seat, covering my face in case anyone I knew could see this.

"This girl right here is the love of my life!" As I try to hide Karl blatantly points to me and I nearly cry of embarrassment.

"K-Karl get down from there! We're going home, you're drunk!"

I stand up before he can continue, pulling Karl down after slamming some money on the table. "She's so feisty yet soft!" The man continued on with his rant as we walked out, everyone watching me.

When the two of us finally did get out of there I start dashing towards the car, leaving Karl to try and catch up with me.

"Baby hang on! Why are we leaving? I wasn't even done with my food," He complained, walking beside me. Karl reaches out to try and touch my arm, but I smack his hand away with annoyance.

"Just get in the car," I sigh, pulling out the keys so I can get in myself.

. . .

The ride back home is silent as I take us to my parents, Karl's head flopping around in his drunken state.

We get to the house, and I still refuse to speak to him, getting inside before he can to take my shoes off and go upstairs to lay on the bed.

I suddenly remember what we'd done on the mattress and groan, getting back up to yank the sheets off, stomping with them all the way to the laundry room.

"Buttercup—" I shove my hand in Karl's face, shutting him up before I even look at him.

"You made a fool of me just now, so stop with 'baby' this and 'buttercup' that? I'm humiliated!" Karl took my hand calmly despite my rage, leading me to the couch where I sit down.

"I'll make the bed. Just... relax," He smiled unevenly and I roll my eyes, sitting back on the furniture.

"Sheets are in my rooms closet."

He nods, walking off all wobbly. I know he's drunk, but I've never seen anyone be that much of a dumbass with me in public. I mean, he's fine right now, acting as if nothing even happened. How annoying.

While I'm sitting, I start closing my eyes, already tired from today's... excursions. I let myself slip into a dream land, away from my ruined pride and sore body.

. . .

My eyes open a little when I feel my body shift, watching as Karl picks me up from the couch, walking carefully up the steps.

I try and stay mad at his adorable face as he focuses on not tripping, but I can't, snuggling into his warm chest as all my problems drift away.

I feel the sudden softness of my bed and curl in, Karl laying down with me afterwards. I keep my eyes shut as if I'm sleeping, his hand pulling the covers over me before he brings me in to his chest.

"Uhm... y/n... are you asleep?" I nearly wanna cry at how he used my real name, still taking into consideration the rude things I'd said a few hours ago, or a few minutes, I don't really know.

"Yeah, I thought so, but I'm gonna say this anyway," Karl mumbled, resting his head on top of mine. "I'm sorry for acting the way I did back in Olive Garden, and I'm sorry that I hurt you. I never want to hurt you..."

He was falling short for words, and I could tell he wasn't really one for long sappy speeches. He was more of a straight to the point one sentence and done, type guy.

Either way, I open my eyes and smile, taking his face into my hands as I put a small kiss to his lips. "You're forgiven Bubbas."

I let a nickname slip and raise a brow at my own action, but Karl's smile widens as he goes down and snuggle into my chest, allowing me to wrap my arms around him.

I guess the nickname is good... enough?

. . .

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?
-Ugh I'm excited to start plot back up now that I've let fillers take over my life.