Chapter Thirty-One.

"I don't wanna sound mean, but I have no idea what we're doing," Karl muttered, looking back at me.

That's when I remembered that this man wasn't from my world. I also remember that he's never eaten fast food.

"Uhm, how about I surprise you then? Mr. I-don't-like-cauliflower," I smirk, grabbing my moms car keys since they'd once again taken dads truck.

Karl rolls his eyes, wrapping arms around me before yanking my body against his with a smirk. "Gimme kisses first."

I laughed at his puckered out lips and reach his mouth, planting a small peck to them. "You're like a child, you know that?"

The man buried his head into my neck as he usually did, but I didn't feel the familiar ticklish feeling against my skin because of the missing beard.

"Come on, I wanna get a lunch deal," I cheer, ripping myself from his comforting arms to rush out the door and towards the car.

"Oi! Wait for me!" Karl cried, taking a second to process what I'd done before chasing after me.

We got in the vehicle and I reach over, grabbing the seatbelt beside Karl so I can pull it over him and buckle him up.

He looked at it in confusion, but didn't say anything, choosing to just go with it as I put my own seatbelt on. Safety first!

I start the car and pull out of the driveway, heading off towards a nearby restaurant. "Have you ever had Italian? Besides that time I made you some."

Karl shook his head, watching the things passing by. "I've never been interested in trying new foods."

I sigh, stopping at a red light. "The more I learn, the sadder I get. You really are a virgin to the world, even though your own game takes place in twenty-twenty-one."

That's right, I'd done my research. I knew all about the timeline for the new game now, that way I was aware of things Karl might know.

"Yeah, well you were a virgin to this dic—!" Before Karl can finish I smack his arm, shutting him up as he laughs, rubbing where I'd hit him. "Whattt?!"

"Don't say that kind of stuff, Dumbass!" I knew my cheeks were heating up, and I was getting flustered just thinking about the things I'd done. The slight pain in my body still there to remind me.

"I wouldn't in public, however—" His large hand took its place on my thigh, inching up my leg slowly. "When we're in private, I say it's a free for all."

How this man could act like a total child one minute and a sugar daddy the next was beyond me, but I knew he was gonna be a damn tease again, so I used my hand to shoo him away.

"Bad Karl!" My words are aggressive as I try and keep my focus on the road, not letting him distract me.

"Fine. You owe me a b.j. anyway," Karl smirked, resting in his seat, entire body practically oozing confidence.

It irked me to see him so high strung, but there was nothing I could fire back with. I'm the one that promised it anyway, no going back on my words.

"Just shut up and get out of the car," I groan, having parked us outside of a familiar place.

"Olive Garden?" Karl read over the front of the restaurant, raising an eyebrow. "Is this really Italian?"

I shrug my shoulders, locking the car after shutting my door. "Like hell if I know. I mean, they say it is."

He nods, holding the front door open for me as we step inside to the bustling place. I expected it to be less crowded at lunch hours, but boy was I wrong.

"If anyone asks, your name is... Karl Hamburger," I mutter over to the man, thinking of a fake last name off the top of my hunger infested head.

"I can't even use my real name?" He complained, touching his face as if he was mourning the loss of the beard.

"Don't question me, I'm just trying to keep you safe," I shoot back, seeing as we finally reached the hostess.

"Table for two?"

I nod, taking Karl's hand in mine to ensure he doesn't wander off in a new place. His inquisitive mind would surely lead him somewhere he shouldn't be, like the kitchen or the women's bathroom.

"Follow me."

I lead Karl as he stares at our hands, seemingly entranced by the way they were interlocked with each other.

"Here we are," The hostess smiles, setting our menus down with some silverware. "Your waiter will be with you in a moment."

"Thank you," I nod my appreciation before sitting across from Karl at the mini booth we'd been given. It was quite cozy.

"What do you want to drink?" I question, already opening up the menu to look through the food options.

"Uh..." Karl falls short looking over everything, but sees the small card next to him at the table. He picks it up and smiles. "This!"

I look to see it's an alcoholic-type drink and ponder something for a moment. "Karl... how old are you?"

He stops, looking from the drinks image over to me. "Honestly, I don't really know."

My eyes find the beverage and I look over Karl. He definitely seemed older than twenty-one. I think we'll be able to get away with some alcohol.

The waiter comes over as expected, and I smile, seeing how cheerful he seemed to be. "Hi I'm George, and I'll be your waiter for today. Can I interest you in any drinks to start us off?"

"Uhm yes, I'd like a water and he'll have this," I show the card with the drink on it and the waiter nods, giving a small glance to Karl.

My palms get clammy as I wait to see if he'll ask for an I.D. Luckily, he doesn't. All George does is continue writing before offering a final smile.

"I'll get that right to you," He walks off and I let out a breath of relief.

Karl holds the menu up, covering everything but the top of his hair, making me laugh. "What? Did something funny happen?"

I shake my head, reaching out to grab his hand so I can run my fingers along his callouses and scars.

"Do you know what you want?"

. . .

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?
-the alcohol was the blue slushy type and there were gummy worms sticking out of it. He couldn't resist.