Chapter Thirty-Five.

Me and Karl walked along the store with smiles, picking up random things here and there for the house.

"Do we need more tomatoes?" The man beside me questioned, holding up a ripe batch of the vegetable. I smile, nodding my head as I went to grab some lettuce.

I watch as Karl walked back over to the cart, tripping a little in his steps. I raise a brow, seeing how his eyes were dilating. "Karl? Are you okay?"

He nods, offering up a smile as he put the veggies in with the others groceries. "Yeah, I'm just feeling a little sick," Karls words make me grow worry all over again, and he knew it almost immediately, because he shook his head, retracting the statement. "I'm hungry, I haven't eaten yet today."

The way Karl was trying to avoid the topic irritated me, but I knew he just didn't wanna have to focus on it.

"Come on, we're done shopping," I quickly veered the cart towards checkout, fully intending to end the trip prematurely.

Karl followed behind me like a sad puppy, lost for what to say in order to make me stop being so persistent that the two of us stay inside the house where it's safe.

Ever since he started having these small episodes where he gets dizzy spells or feels off, I've been resilient to bringing him outside with the fear of loosing him.

"Baby please..." Karl grabbed the back of my jacket, and I stopped pushing the cart, turning to look Karl in his eyes. They were soft... scared.

I reached my hand up and took his cheek, running my thumb along the bearded stubble. "We'll make some food and watch a movie, okay? No research or worry."

Karl seemed to ponder my deal for a moment but nodded, nuzzling into my palm with a small smile. "Thank you."

I knew he wasn't ready to talk about what might happen in the next few days if these symptoms persist. To be honest, neither was I.

The thought of Karl leaving me again was painful, and I didn't want to know what it felt like to have my love ripped away from me twice.

The two of us checked out and headed for the car, stuffing grocery bags into the back so we could be on our way home.

I got into the drivers seat, watching as Karl slipped in on the opposite side of me. Sticking the keys into the ignition, we started on our way back.

. . .

"We're home!" I yelled up into the house, hearing my moms shuffling from the pantry.

"Just in time! I was starting to think we wouldn't have enough stuff for dinner," She smiled, her worry ceasing when she saw the many bags me and Karl were lugging inside full of different ingredients and foods.

"This should be enough for at least a month," I sigh, glancing at the giant haul despite ending our trip early.

"Thank you for helping my little girl out Karl, you never cease to amaze me," Mom changed topics from me to my boyfriend, who's chest seemed to grow with pride at the compliment.

"Thanks! I've been trying to get y/n to let me do more around the house!" He was always such a cheery guy around my family, it makes me wonder just how much he hated his own deranged and quite frankly sadistic one.

"We're gonna watch a movie in the living room if you wanna join us, I know you get bored when dads at work and I'm busy," I put the offer out on the table, waiting to see if my mom would accept or not.

She smiles, nodding her head. "I'd love to join you two. Do you mind?" She looked at Karl this time, basically asking permission to watch her own television.

"Oh, not at all!" Karl encouraged, and with that, the three of us were heading for the couch, deciding that dinner and the groceries could wait for a bit of relaxation time.

"So, which movie is it gonna be?" I questioned, and we spent the next few minutes getting comfortable and deciding on something to watch.

It wasn't long before the three of us were laughing and enjoying a movie, lost in our own worlds.

I was using this time as a distraction. A way to ignore the fact that the man beside me was basically deteriorating from my own world more each day.

With my deduction process, I'd figured that he'd gotten here from that two cup thing I'd done. I mean, that's the only outcome that could sound somewhat logical in this completely far fetched problem.

He didn't have a computer like I did, and the only thing I'd done besides cry for Karl, was try to change my freaking reality.

It had worked. That's all I could say. That's all I would say, given the fact that I'd promised not to think too much about it. But I knew in my heart, that Karl would be parting with me soon.

And I didn't know if I could handle it.

. . .

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?
-I'm gonna try and write my last five chapters today and post them all for everyone :)