Chapter Thirty-Seven.

"Family Friday everyone! Gather in the living room!" My fathers words blasted through the thin walls of our house, and Karl groaned, stumbling down the stairs with massive help from the railing since his legs were getting weaker.

"Dad, it's so early..." I mumble, rubbing my eyes at the annoyance of being woken up.

"It's two o'clock," Dad stated bluntly, resting a hand on his hip. "Family time."

I rolled my neck and nodded, sitting down on the couch with Karl beside me, I could see him let out a small sigh of relief as he felt his legs relax.

I offered a pitiful look to the man, and turned back to see my mom walking over with bowls of snacks, my dad following behind with an armful of games for us all.

"Alright, we've got Twister, Operation, Sorry!, and a few others like Candy Land. Any picks for first?"

Of course Karl had no idea what the hell my dad was talking about, so he wasn't exactly jumping at the chance to play.

"Uhm... Twister?" I asked it more than I said it, since I didn't know if my parents were exactly wishing for my input on the matter rather than Karl's.

"That always was your favorite," My mom laughs, grabbing the game from the top of my dads enormous pile. "Twister it is."

The next half hour was well spent, me and Karl waking up the more time passed as I taught him how the game worked and what to do. My parents didn't ask why, but I knew they were wondering how a grown man couldn't play children games.

"Right foot red!" Mom called out, and I quickly switched to the dot, mixed up in a scramble with dad and Karl to see who would be able to last.

I watched my boyfriend closely as his fingers started twitching out, and I couldn't help but think it wasn't because he was holding his body up, but instead because time was wearing thin.

My smile dropped at that thought, not hearing mom call out the next color. "y/n, left hand yellow," Dad whispered, and I was knocked out of my thoughts, laughing away the mistake.

"Sorry."

. . .

Next up was the game Sorry!, upon Karl's pick. We each had our colors set, and after giving him a rundown of the basics, we began to play.

Each of us took turns, moving our small, almost see-through, playing pieces, as we tried to beat each other out.

Karl was actually in the lead, not having been 'sorr-ied' yet. Which was irritating cause I had, like three times.

Karl woozed back for a second before grabbing a card to read over it to take his turn.

I watched, seeing how his eyes were looking at the card but they weren't looking at the card, you know?

. . .

Finally, my family decided to play a final game of Monopoly before dinner, hoping someone other than Karl would win.

It was shocking how he was getting a hang of these so quick. And despite my constant worry for his symptoms, the man was just smiling and playing as if nothing was wrong.

What an idiot.

"Trade me your railroad!" Dad exclaimed, dangling his fake money around as if they were real bills. "You only have one!"

Mom laughed, shaking her head. "No can do sir, strategy is strategy."

Karl was snickering to himself as he sorted through his small bit of money, having bought almost every free property he landed on.

But even that seemed to be working in his favor, as mom landed on his properties often, along with me and dad— the competitive ones.

"No! I refuse to pay this much money for a poor mans land!" I was exasperated, huffing at having to pay for Karl's dumb green-plot again.

"Poor land no more! I have a house on that!" Karl fought back, motioning to the red block with shaky fingers. "Pay up!"

I roll my eyes, scoffing over my remaining money. "Bankruptcy is merely a pebble in my path of revenge."

Everyone laughed a little at this, continuing to play as I took lead over being banker since I was out of the game.

. . .

Night rolled around rather quick with the day of games and snacks, even a few dancing breaks after dad brought out his old radio.

I yawned, sitting on the couch after helping mom to clean up with dinner as dad and Karl took care of the living rooms mess.

"I'm heading up to bed, goodnight guys," I waved at the three, going into my room so I could flop on the bed with a relaxed sigh.

"Miss me?" Karl was already in the doorway, seeming to follow after me at my parents permission.

I laugh, scooting over so he could lay beside me. "It's... worse," Karl admitted, holding his hand up to show its rapid twitching. "My migraine is deadly."

Personal worry was expressed through affection, my hands taking Karl's to massage his trembling muscles.

This can't be good.

. . .

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?
-slow way to go unlike y/n. She was always like sonic and he was always... well, not. -Freaking Edgar Allen Poe 2021