Chapter Nine.

"So let me get this straight. You, want to kill Miranda, but before you can do that, you have to kill the three other lords... which are the people I met when I woke up?"

Karl looks at me for a second of silence, arms out as if he was still explaining something. "Yes."

"Uh... huh," I stare at the photos of his so-called 'family members' and ponder the thought of helping him to reach his goal or not.

Karl looks between me and the wall of targets, waiting for a response. "So?"

"You crazy son of a bitch I'm in," I smirked, happy to finally be included in something that involved what I assumed to be the video game's actual plot.

I watched the man do a small dance before rushing at me, lifting my body in a hug to twirl around. "I finally have someone to help me!"

My face is the color of a tomato, I can feel it. Literally. He picked me up so effortlessly, which alone was something I'd never had done to me.

"K-Karl? Uhm... what about the no-touching rule?" He stops for a second, setting me down.

The man clears his throat a little, running a hand through his hair. "There are— exceptions."

I laugh tiredly, a small sigh escaping my lips. "It's been a long day, and I don't even know what time it is," My lips slip the truth and it suddenly dawned on me that I've lost all sense of time inside of these factory walls.

"It's Sunday, twelve-sixteen a.m.," Karl states easily, looking down at the watch on his wrist for confirmation. "Does that matter though?"

"Well I don't know about you, but we humans need sleep," I state, turning towards the door so I can head out and find my room. "Tomorrow we're putting your master plan on the back burner to make this place livable for me."

I leave before I can hear his curses, a laugh escaping my lips at the muffled complaining falling through the walls.

I use landmarks to find my room and head in, seeing the familiar bed of blood and fluids. "Ah, how I've... missed you."

My body is called towards the fluff stuffed heaven and I plop down; a sigh of relief sounding into the air.

I take my coat off again to use as a pillow, relaxing into the mattress while trying not to think about what covered it.

. . .

Waking up to the familiar rumbling of the working factory I yawn, sitting up lazily to take in the surroundings I was getting accustomed to.

Metal walls. Dirty belongings. All of it.

Today was the day I drag Karl out to get some much-needed stuff for this place, like beds and properly functioning kitchen appliances that won't make weird noises when you use them.

I put my coat on and get up, stretching a little before leaving my room for the day. I have a feeling I know where Karl is, so I head straight for it.

The research room.

I hadn't been there more than once; which was for the tour Karl had given me. It was a cluttered room, filled with different papers and books based on what I now had reason to believe were the Lords and Mother Miranda.

The walk there was shortest from my room, so I get to Karl rather quickly, swinging the door open, only to smirk when I see that I'd guessed right.

There he was, empty coffee cups cluttering around his limp body atop the heaping piles of notes.

A snore escaped his mouth and I laughed, walking farther in to bend down and see he was still in his glasses and hat. He'd put everything back on rather quickly after finishing my weapon up.