Him

Kronos kept glancing back at her as they ran. He knew he was harsh back in the meadow, but there were lots of eyes around and he could not afford to be soft.

Her wolf was as beautiful and fierce as he remembered. The whiteness of her fur glistened in the sunlight. He wanted to run with her wolf and feel free again. His mind whirled at the thought. He glanced back at her once more as they ran. Reyna was staring at him. When their eyes locked, she adverted her gaze quickly. Reyna had managed to keep up with them, which was a surprise.

His small band of soldiers followed closely behind. He knew that they would have to find a stopping point. They had been running for hours now with out so much as a water break.

"Kronos..." He heard Hayden say through the bond. "We need to stop, Reyna is growing tired. Her breathing is becoming labored."

Kronos let out a small sigh. He flicked his ears and let out a low rumble to let his people know they would be stopping.

Everyone began slowing down. Kronos looked around. He felt his skin crawling. Something would happen tonight. He could feel it. The air felt heavy, the birds hardly chirped and the wind, the wind barely let a breeze blow.

He prayed to what ever goddess would listen and hoped he was just imagining things...