Leo x Ice!reader- It Wasn't Your Fault (Pt. 3)

Your POV

A week and a half had gone by since Leo got hurt. He hadn't moved yet and that was starting to worry you. Donnie finally gave in to your pleading and taught you how to change Leo's IV bags and administer medication so Donnie didn't have to do everything all the time. He seemed grateful for the help, so he continued to split his time between checking Leo and working on projects.

At the moment, you had one of Leo's favourite books in your hand as you sat beside him and read softly. It was an old copy of the Ugly Duckling that he found in the sewers as a kid. He always said how much he felt like that duckling in the world of normal humans. So you read it to him while he slept.

As you finished the book, you let out a sigh and put it down on the table beside his bed. You looked at his unconscious form again, something you had how made a habit out of, and inspected his mostly healed wounds all over his face and upper body. A noise made you look up to see Raphael standing with a tray of food, and a sympathetic smile.

"How ya holding up frosty?" He walked over and handed you the tray of steaming noddles and tea. You thanked him and set the tray on the table to let it cool.

"I'm fine," you said blankly. He raised an eye ridge.

"No you're not. You have barely left this room since last week." He reprimanded you, making you look up at him.

"I leave. To change, and shower, and go to the bathroom," you pouted. He chuckled.

"I'm sure he'll be fine if you left him for a few minutes to hang out with me and Mikey. The little guys getting worried about you," he said. The words struck a chord.

"I'm not leaving him," you said, rather coldly. His face just dropped a little and he put a hand on your shoulder.

"When are ya gonna stop blaming yourself?" He asked softly. You just shook your head.

"Never." So Raph let out a defeated sigh and left you alone with your thoughts. You groaned as you got up and stretched your sore muscles. Then a thought popped into your head. You went to your own room to grab a mini DVD player that Donnie made for you and brought it back to Leo's room, putting in The Greatest Showman. You knew he liked this movie.

The first time you watched it with him, he was like a little kid. His eyes shone as he stared at the screen. You had chose this movie for a reason. To make him realize that being different is okay. After you finished, you saw him wipe away a stray tear as he gave you a hug.

So you placed the DVD in the player, and hit start.

You were halfway done the movie, at the part where Phillip was in the hospital after the fire, when you sang along with the part of Zendaya.

"What if we, rewrite the stars.
Say you were made to be mine," you sang along with the character on the small screen. "No one can, keep us apart-..."

"Cause you are the one I was meant to find," someone else rasped. You eyes went wide as you turned from the screen to see Leo's blue eyes looking tiredly at you from under half closed eyelids. Yet he still had a small and content smile on his face.

"Oh my-... oh my god," you whispered, tears coming to your eyes. He just looked at you, smiling a little despite the obvious pain he was in.

"You have a nice voice," he rasped again. You couldn't believe your eyes. "Y/n?" His gravelly voice was concerned. Your tears started to spill and his eyes widened a little. He reached for your hand but stopped when pain shot through him. "Ah!" He said. You stood up and reached for a glass of water, still not saying anything to him. You helped him to drink, gently tipping the glass up to his dry lips.

"Thank you," he said quietly. You just nodded and put the glass down, looking at your hands. He reached over more slowly and clasped your one hand weakly with his.

"Are you okay?" He said. You let out a half mad laugh and stood up.

"Am I okay? You were just in a coma, AGAIN! For over a week!" You said. His blue eyes looked at you with concern. When you saw his face, you thumped down in the chair again and put your head in your hands.

"Y/n." He said. You looked up at him, tears trailing down your cheeks. He set his hand on the bed, palm facing upwards and you placed your cold hand lightly in his. He squeezed it as best he could and gave a small smile. "I'm okay. I promise."

"You promised you wouldn't die," you choked out. "You promised." His face fell.

"I'm sorry. I never meant to leave you," He said. You just shook your head.

"I watched you fall thirty feet off a building and-... die right in front of me. You were dead for-... minutes." You took a breath and continued. "I tried, Leo. I tried to keep you alive. But your heart stopped beating underneath my hands. Donnie and Raph both tried. And then I lost it. I pounded on your chest so hard, I can still feel the snap of your ribs under my fists." You whispered. He just nodded.

"So it's you I have to thank for the fact I'm still here," he whispered back.
"Y/n, this wasn't your fault." You just looked at him.

"I left you alone. I should've been there. But I left-..."

"You just followed my orders." He said back. "None of this could've been prevented. I'm just thankful that I'm still here to see your beautiful face." You blinked in surprise.

"Wha-..."

"I regret not saying this sooner, but I really like you. Hell, I love you. But I was so afraid of losing you if I told you. Now I see that I should've told you sooner." He said, looking down at your intertwined hands. You felt a blush creep up your cheeks.

"I know that I'm a mutant. And I know that there are a million different human guys out there for you to choose. I don't expect you to reciprocate these feelings," he said sadly. You looked up at him and saw he had his head turned away.

"There's no one I would rather be with," you whispered back. He turned to you.

"Really?"

"Really." You leaned in to his wide blue eyes and kissed him gently, being careful of his still healing wounds. He kissed you back just as softly, yet full of passion and lust. When he went to deepen the kiss, your hand brushed gently against his ribs making him grunt in pain. You winced.

"Yeahhh. Sorry about that. You know, breaking seven of your ribs," you said. He raised an eye ridge.

"Seven of them?"

"Yeahhhhh-..."
___________________________

Nice happy endings for you all!

Sorry about the cheesy singing line. I just love that movie and thought it fit perfectly😂

Hope you guys enjoyed this final part!!

Keep requesting stuff pleaseeee!!!

XX Shadow