Mikey x reader- Knife Skills

Your POV

You knew that this was a bad idea. Being someone with an actual brain, you knew that this was a bad idea.

But did you do anything about it?

NoOOooOo. You gave in to Mikey's puppy dog eyes and let him help you in the kitchen.

Being the kindhearted person you were, you tried to make sure to give him the simple tasks and gave yourself the harder tasks, such as the frying.

You were making tacos to bring over to the lair since the boys hadn't tried them before, and Mikey happened to pop by and offered his help. You couldn't say no to your boyfriends puppy dog eyes, so he he ended up helping.

"Come on angel," he whined. "I'll be fine. I can help you make dinner." You swiftly moved from the chopping board where the tomatoes sat half cut up to stir the beef. You sighed.

"I'm literally a ninja babe," he said again, wrapping his arms around your waist and resting his chin on your head. "I deal with sharp objects all the time." You looked up at him.

"Fine. But be careful! I don't need your brothers coming at me over you getting hurt." You told him to continue chopping the tomatoes, moving to stick the shells in the oven and wash off lettuce.

He did very well not cutting himself, although he was slower than you at chopping. You didn't mind though since he was helping you.

But the peace, of course, didn't last. You watched him carefully until he finished with the tomatoes.

"Alrighty. Done," he said as he wiped his hands off on a towel. You sighed in relief and grabbed them, putting them into a container and snapping the lid shut. You set the knife into the sink to wash later, and you packed up the cooked beef, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, and other fillings into containers, then into your backpack. You set both the hard and soft shells into the bag and zipped it up, setting it into your kitchen table.

"I'm just going to change and then we can go," you said and he nodded.

You literally left him alone for ten seconds. As you pulled your hair up into a ponytail, you heard a small car of pain. You frowned and left your room, heading to the kitchen.

When you entered, you saw your boyfriend standing with a towel held to his hand and a sheepish look on his face. You crossed your arms.

"Mikey," you said in a warning tone. He looked at you.

"W-well hey there angelcakes," he said. You tapped your foot impatiently. He sighed. "I didn't mean to. I was gonna wash your dishes for you so you didn't have to do them later. Since you made dinner, I thought I would help with the dishes." Your gaze softened. Then you glanced down at the towel on his hand. Something red was starting to soak through. You went and lifted up his large hand, gently pulling away the towel.

"Mikey!" You winced. It was pretty deep. "What did you do? Grab the blade of a knife?"

"How did you know that?" He asked incredulously. You shook your head and chuckled.

"Are you kidding me?"

"It wasn't on purpose. I thought it was the handle," he said. You sighed.

"Okay. Let's get you to Donnie so he can take a look."

~~

"I'm going to DIE," said Mikey dramatically. You sighed as Donnie shook his head.

"Relax, it's only a couple of stitches." You said.

"I'm going to be so ugly," he whined. You giggled as Donnie just rolled his eyes.

"We're mutant turtles Mikey. We can't look much worse," he muttered, making you laugh.

Donnie finished with the stitches fairly quickly, telling you that he would be fine and that he was just a drama queen. You laughed as you left the lab with the pouting Mikey, telling Donnie thank you and that you brought supper. That sure perked him up.

"Soups on!" You called through the lair. The sound of tromping feet echoed as they all appeared from different areas of the lair.

"Hey, Y/n."

"What's up?"

"Thanks for dinner." You smiled at them as you unpacked the steaming containers from your bag.

You taught them how to make their tacos and they all enjoyed them immensely.

"That was almost as good as pizza," sighed Mikey happily. Leo nodded.

"Yeah. Thanks again for dinner Y/n. You didn't have to go through all this effort." He said. You shrugged.

"Ah it was nothing. Mikey helped as well, so it wasn't just me," you replied. Mikey grinned and Leo shook his head.

"So that's how he cut himself?" That made Mikeys grin fall a little.

"I tried to do dishes!" He sighed as you all laughed. You patted his shoulder and giggled.

"Don't worry. Next time we cook, I'm making sure to keep all sharp objects away from you."

"If that's what makes you happy angel," he kissed your nose and you smiled, snuggling into his side as Donnie started a movie.

Even though Mikey could be a klutz sometimes, he was your klutz. And you wouldn't trade him for the world.
___________________________

Everyone needs some Mikey fluff in their life. He's a little cinnamon roll.

Hope you guys enjoyed!

XX Shadow