Leo x reader- Stop Giving Up Pt.1 (#25)

This was a requested #25 Mikey x reader, but it was too sad for my precious cinnamon roll in orange. Therefore I'm gonna do Leo cause he's my fav. Periodt.

Your POV

When he came into the lair, bloodied and bruised after an attack while they were on patrol, you helped Donnie clean all four of them up and tend to their wounds. But the entire time, your boyfriend in blue wouldn't make eye contact with you. He was obviously deep in thought, so you didn't push any more than you needed in fear of pushing him too far. He was one person that needed space and time to think.

So when you finished up with Donnie, who was as the last turtle needing medical care, he thanked you and you left the lab to let him sleep. The others had gone to their own rooms for some much needed rest. But when you walked into the living room, you noticed the light coming from under Leo's room door. You frowned and went over, knocking gently before slowly opening the door.

"Leo?" You asked quietly. He was sitting on his bed, staring at the floor. You shut the door behind you as you entered his room. Something wasn't right.

"Hey. Are you okay?" You asked as you sat down beside him. He just sighed and shook his head, rubbing his face with his hand.

"No. You know what? No. It's not okay," he said. You rubbed his forearm, but he suddenly jerked away and stood up. You frowned a little as he started pacing back and forth in front of you.

"We just got our asses handed to us, again, and there's nothing I can do. I try, I really do; to be the best leader for the team that I can be, to be a good boyfriend, to keep everyone safe. But I just-... I can't do it," he said angrily. You stared at him.

Leo didn't get really mad often, but when he did-... hoo boy. It was like Raphael-... only in a blue mask-...

"Love, you're doing a great job. It's not your fault you were ambushed," you said gently. He just huffed out an angry laugh.

"Yeah well it sure doesn't feel like that," then he stopped and turned, his shell facing you. "I think-... I think we should just-... take a break-..." he whispered. You stared at him, incredulous.

"Leo-..."

"No. I just-... I need some space-... I need to think-..." he said.

"Well then let me be here for you," you practically pleaded him as tears welled up in your eyes. "Don't do this. Don't push me away. I love you."

"I-..." he choked on the words but wouldn't face you. "I don't-... It's too dangerous. If you're around me you're automatically a target of Shredder. And what would people say when they saw us together? Huh? You would be labelled as the crazy chick who's dating the freak." You stood up off his bed and forced him to look at you by grabbing his arms and spinning him around to face you.

"Leo-... don't do this," you whispered. He looked at the floor, his blue eyes teary and sad, the mix of emotions swirling through his eyes.

"Just-... just stop. Please, leave. Don't make this harder than it already is." He whispered back. You let go of his arm and backed away from him, his blue eyes slowly coming up to look at you. You shook your head as the tears started to spill over.

"When you love someone, you don't just stop-... ever. Even when people roll their eyes or call you crazy-... even then. Especially then." You said forcefully while you stared him down. "But I guess you don't love me enough to know that." He blinked back at you.

"Wait-... Y/n,"

"No, Leo. You know what? I really did love you. And I wouldn't have cared if people stared or commented about us. Because I love you. And that's what matters most." You grabbed your purse and walked around him, opening his door, not even looking back at him.

"Goodbye, Leonardo. I hope that you figure this out."

And that was it.

You didn't speak to him, you just let him figure things out. You ended up moving later that year after your mom died. That was a tough time for you, Leo was always appearing in your thoughts, and you never forgot about him.

Or stopped loving him.

That was 4 years ago. Now, at 21 years old, you found a job back in New York as an editor for a newspaper company. You were nervous about moving back there, mostly because of one reason.

The turtles.

You hadn't seen them in years. You weren't sure if they would even recognize you. In the four years you were gone, you had matured. In more ways than one. Since the age of 17, which was how old you were when you left, you had filled out more, your curves coming nicely and perfectly accentuating your body type. You had found your style of clothes that you loved and were comfy in. Your hair had grown way longer, and you only used light makeup to highlight your eyes and that's pretty much it.

As you finally reached your new apartment, to realized how close it was to the entrance of the lair.

Leo. You wondered what he looked like now; how him and his brothers were doing. So you put down the stuff you had with you, locked your door, and walked to the alley where the manhole was waiting.

Even just seeing that stupid manhole cover made your stomach flutter so much you thought butterflies would come out of your mouth. You tried for a good 5 minutes to lift the cover and had to use a piece of metal from the dumpster, but you got it open using sheer willpower-... and some random metal.

"Probably gonna get tetanus now," you grumbled as you went down the ladder and heaved the cover back. You hopped down, your boots smacking against the wet concrete.

As you started to wander, you realized that you knew the way to the lair by heart. So you let your mind wander as you walked.

"Are they going to be happy? Are they even still here? I wonder how Leo is. I never told them I was moving, except Donnie. Will they be mad?"
Your thoughts distracted you from the soft footsteps behind you.

Until someone slammed you into the wall and pointed a small blade at your throat.

"Who are you? How did you find us?" They asked, fairly quietly. You glanced at the three fingered hand on your shoulder then back at the hazel eyes looking down at you. You could vaguely make out glasses and a huge shell on his back, but missing most of his gadgets and equipment.

"Donnie?"
___________________________

Lord, this was NOT supposed to be this long. I guess it's a two part story now😬

Ah well.

I hope you guys liked part one!!

XX Shadow