Leo x reader- Regrets

Regrets. Most people have them. Some more than others. Some not so much...

But for Leo...

His biggest regret was also his biggest failure...

6 months prior

"You haven't been yourself. I know there's something you're not telling me."

"Because I don't need to tell you everything," he shot back.

"Leo, just talk to me, please. I just want to help you," she begged him.

"I don't need your help."

"Leo-..."

"No! Stop! Just-... stop. I don't need your help, I don't want your help. I'm fine. And I would be even better if you would just go away," he said angrily. She fought back tears as she nodded.

"Fine. You know what Leonardo? Fuck. You. I can't do this anymore." She grabbed her bag.

"Oh what? You can't deal with problems? Is that it? You just run away?" He shot back. She stopped at his bedroom before turning back to him. He instantly realized what he had done when he saw the hurt and broken look in her usually bright and beautiful eyes.

"I have done nothing but be there for you. I stood by you every single time something went wrong. Through all your problems, every time you got hurt, every time you needed someone. It was me who came down here at 3am to help you get to sleep because of the nightmares. It was me that would leave my window unlocked, so when you got into a fight, I could stitch you back up again so Donnie wouldn't know. It was me that wiped away your tears when you would doubt yourself after one of your brothers would get hurt. It wasn't anyone else, it was me." She felt tears slip down her face, but not sad. Angry.

"Wait-..."

"No. You don't get to stand there and make excuses. I have tried for too long to help you, and you keep brushing me away. Well guess what Leonardo? Good luck finding anyone else who will do the things I did for you."

"I didn't-..."

"I thought I finally met the one. I kept telling myself that you were a good guy. And you were. I loved you. But all of a sudden, things have changed. And I don't know why. I thought you loved me. And I was wrong." Her voice was merely a whisper as Leo stood in silence.

"I can't sit by and watch while you tear yourself apart internally. It's hurting me to have to sit here and watch you destroy yourself. But-... You know what? I hope you figure this out. Whatever is going on with you, I hope you can figure it out, I really do." He saw her trying to contain her emotions and felt his heart shatter into a million pieces.

"But next time you decide to jump into someone's life, help them to finally, to finally trust again, then break that trust-... make sure you remember this. Fuck. You," she slammed his room door with such force his bed shook. He flopped down onto his mattress and set his head in his hands.

"What have I done?"

It wasn't even an hour later that Donnie got a ping from an abandoned warehouse, forcing Leo out of his room to go and check on it. They arrived quickly, Leo still angry and upset at mostly himself over what happened.

When they did recon from another warehouse roof, they realized that Shredder had a hostage. You. Donnie flew in a small camera that let them hear what Shredder wanted.

"I grow tired of these pointless games. Tell me where they are hiding." Shredder growled at her.

"Never," Leo heard the fierceness in her voice, but that changed in an instant. He felt his heart stopped at what he saw. She was pushed onto her knees as Shredder pointed his claws to her throat.

Leo instantly jumped into action; followed by his brothers to try and save her. But he was too late.

Shredder saw them coming and mercilessly stabbed her in the chest leaving two gaping holes all the way through her. She gasped for air and when he pulled his claws out, she fell to the ground.

"NO!!" Leo screamed as Shredder and his goons disappeared in a foggy cloud. Leo and the others were left to stare at her body on the ground. He ran over and cradled her gently as tears steamed down his face, her blood pooling beneath them as his hands were stained scarlet.

"No, you can't die." He whispered. But he was too late. She was already gone.

And he didn't tell her how much he loved her...

Present day

Leo stood with a small bouquet of red roses at her grave. It was midnight, her favourite time to go out and see the city lights from the rooftops.

"I brought new flowers." He switched out the dead roses from last week and replaced them with the new bouquet he was carrying, feeling tears burn at his eyes.

"I know you would be scolding me for wasting too much money on flowers that will just die anyways-... but-... I just do it because I love you." He whispered as he kneeled in front of the carved headstone. He brushed away some leaves that had fallen on top as his vision blurred out from the tears.

"It's been six months-..." his voice broke and he stopped.

"I really miss you. The lair has been different without you there. Quiet. The others haven't been as happy." He sighed as he wiped his eyes.

"I'm sorry-... I'm so-... so sorry." He said.

Even though deep down he knew-...

"I miss you so much."

Sorry wouldn't change anything.

"I love you."

And you were gone...

Forever.

___________________________

I was in a mood when I wrote this and I'll probably take it down soon case it's-... it's pretty dark. Not even gonna lie. I was in a bad mood and listening to a slowed down playlist.

So yeah-... this is what happens when I'm in a bad mood......  Jesus😐

Sorry it's so sad and dark, my lord, but I still hope you liked it

XX Shadow