(Sick!)Donnie x reader- Hypothetical Sickness (Pt.1)

"No no no!" You groaned playfully as Mikey pulled ahead of you and won... again.

"Get beat! Again!" He threw his arms into the air and cheered. You laughed and pushed him lightly away from you as you stood from your spot on the couch. "Sorry dudette. You'll just have to get better," he teased as you rolled your eyes.

"I don't wanna hear it from you Mikey. Or else I'll make Leo take you for extra meditation as a punishment for making fun of me." You said it jokingly, but the slight fear in his eyes made you laugh even harder. "Kidding. Only kidding. I would feel bad for Leo," you said as you walked away.

"Hah hah... wait, hey!" He complained. You giggled again as you reached the lab door, finally ready to go and see the purple genius. You had been at the lair for about 45 minutes already, and you had gotten caught up playing Mario Kart with Mikey. The only other turtle you had seen so far was Leo as he went into the dojo for his meditation, waving hi as he went. Mikey had mentioned that Raph was having a nap, and Donnie was holed up in his lab again.

"He seemed grumpy this morning," Mikey shrugged. "He didn't even have a pop tart."

So now you had decided to go and bother the smartest brother, knowing that he always loved your help around the lab, beings the other three never helped him out. Plus, you wanted to see if he was okay, since Mikey mentioned him being in a bad mood.

You gently knocked on the lab door before sliding it open and entering, peeking around to try and spot Donatello in his natural habitat of the lab.

"Donnie?" You whispered quietly, coming fully around the door after not being able to see him. A muffled shuffling noise made your head whip to the left to see the tall turtle curled up in a heap on the lab floor, his unusually pale face tight and glistening with perspiration, his glasses thrown beside him on the concrete as he shivered.

"Donnie!" You called as you ran to his side. You kneeled down beside him and gently shifted him so his head lay in your lap. "Donnie. Don, please wake up," you shook his shoulders a little bit and gave a small sigh of relief when his red-brown eyes slowly fluttered open. His eyes took a moment to focus and you sat absentmindedly rubbing his hand with your thumb as he gathered his bearings.

"I'm on the floor," was the first thing that came out of his mouth when his eyes finally focused on your face. You gave a small, forced smile when you head his quiet and raspy voice.

"Yes, Donnie. You're on the floor. Care to tell me how you got here?" You gently asked. It took a second for him to focus on your face again before he spoke.

"I think I passed out." He whispered. You felt your heart break at the tone of his voice, so unsure and quiet. You sighed and put a hand to his clammy forehead, pulling away quickly after feeling the heat radiating like a furnace off of the usually cold turtle.

"Oh my goodness Don. You're absolutely burning up," you said as your brows furrowed in concern. You felt him shiver slightly in your lap and make a humming noise.

"Well that's new." He muttered. His eyes started to flutter closed again and you sighed.

"Don, I need you to stay awake for a few more minutes okay? I'm going to get Leo." Donnie just closed his eyes and made another humming noise as another shiver racked his body. You maneuvered his head down a bit so you could strip off the hoodie you had been wearing to put under him so his head wasn't on the concrete. He didn't move much, only to snuggle his face deeper into the little warmth your hoodie provided as his shivers started to get worse.

You ran out of the lab and past Mikey who just gave you a confused look before sprinting into the dojo to where Leo was meditating. His eyes opened as soon as you entered and he gave a questioning smile.

"Hey. What's u-..."

"I need help. Donnie's... sick. Or-... or something. I don't know. But all I know is he's collapsed on the floor of the lab and I need your help to move him to his room," you said all in one breath. Leo shot up with a concerned look on his face.

"What?"

"Come on," you left the dojo, Leo hot on your heels. You reached the lab, unsurprised to find Donnie still on the floor.

"Oh my gosh. What happened?" Leo asked as he went over to his brother and knelt beside him, grabbing his hand.

"I don't know. I found him like this when I came in a few minutes ago," you said, concern lacing your tone.

"Well what do we do now?" Leo asked. You stared at him, dumbfounded.

"What do you mean what do we do now? Do you not know how to deal with sickness or injury?" You asked sarcastically. Leo's blank yet guilty stare gave you all the answer you needed. "Oh my god, you guys don't know how to take care of a sick person?" You said in shock. Leo rubbed the back of his neck, obvious embarrassment in his face.

"No?" He said back. You huffed out an exasperated sigh and Leo pursed his lips, thinking of what to say that would get him in the least amount of trouble from you. "Donnie rarely gets sick, and he's the one with all the medical knowledge. I know some things, but I don't know how to take care of someone who is this sick." Leo said as he quickly glanced his genius brother over for any signs of injury. "When Donnie does get sick, which I think he is just sick and not hurt, he never gets it this bad, plus he usually takes care of himself for the most part cause he doesn't trust us to do it." He shrugged as you shook your head.

"Are you kidding? You just leave him alone?" You asked, dumbfounded. "He may be smart but he's sick. He needs help."

"I know he does."

"Obviously not." You said angrily. Leo just looked at you silently, and then down at his brother on the floor, still holding his hand. "You all are useless," you muttered, making Leo shoot you another apologetic look. The blue banded leader wasn't taking your comments too hard, knowing that this was stressing you out and that you didn't really mean what you were saying. "Help me get him to his room. I'll deal with this myself."

With Leo's help, you lifted the tallest brother to his bed, where he lay asleep and shivering, his pale face still scrunched in uncomfort. Leo silently helped you gather the necessary items, water, towels, Tylenol, and some other items to set up in Donnie's room so you wouldn't have to leave him.

"Just call me if you need anything else," Leo said quietly. You sighed and rubbed your forehead.

"Thank you, Leo. I'm sorry for being so mean it's just-..."

"I know," he said with a small smile, blue eyes understanding. You gave him a small smile back and he left the room, closing the door on his way out.

The door clicked shut and you let your shoulders droop down.

"No. No he doesn't know." You thought to yourself as you stared at the unconscious genius. You had been harbouring feelings for the purple banded turtle for a while now, and this having to take care of him thing wasn't helping the issue.

But you had to push that to the back of your head right now, so you could focus on him and his care.

"Here goes nothing," you muttered to no one as you tied back your hair and got prepared for a long and tiresome night.