𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑛𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑠

{ MONTH ZERO }𝐀𝐔𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐄  𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐀  𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒𝑝𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑣𝑖𝑒𝑤 -

{ MONTH ZERO }
𝐀𝐔𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐄  𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐀  𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒
𝑝𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑣𝑖𝑒𝑤 -

The night was dark, the night was late, the night was quiet, sitting here was no mistake. Like most of my nights, I sat on the rooftop outside of my window, laying flat on my back with a blanket over top of me. My eyes were glued to the night sky above where the stars danced peacefully and brightly in the sky. I smiled to myself letting the peaceful night sink in. Nights like these were the best. Nothing could ever ruin it.

A noise from below me caused me to jump. Carefully, I sat up from my spot and peered over the edge of the roof. There I saw Rick walking down the driveway. It was practically 2 in the morning. What was he doing here, and why was he here? I furrowed my eyebrows and called out to him. Everyone was already in bed anyways so I knew no one could hear me.

"Rick?" I called out. The boy suddenly stopped. He quickly turned around and looked everywhere for me. However he couldn't find me. I started to smile, "up here!" I know shouted, waving at him. He looked up and finally spotted me. Through the darkness, I could see his face soften.

"Oh, hey, princess," he responded back. He let his arms fall to his side. He wore a pair of shorts and a regular tshirt as if they were his night clothes. In his hand, he held his varsity jacket. He held it up for a split second before letting his hands fall back down. "I, uh, I came to get my jacket. I left it in the back shed. Aydin said to come and get it whenever, and I couldn't sleep, so, well, here I am," he slightly laughed. My smile grew.

   "You headed back home right away?" I asked him. He shrugged his shoulders.

   "Uh, probably not. Scooter has his girlfriend over so I'm at the house tonight, and you know how that goes, I guess," I could tell something was bothering just by the way he talked and carries himself. My smile started to fade. I bit my lip.

   "Come sit with me," I offered, "we can talk." I heard him sigh from below. He wasn't the type of person to talk, I knew that, but I could tell that maybe since something was seriously bother him, he'd actually open up to me. Now I didn't expect him to open up to me at all. But I never knew. The older boy walked forwards towards the house and soon disappeared. I could hear him climbing up the little fence that sat against the side of the house, with vines and roses growing up the side. It was a beautiful piece my mother wanted there so bad, and even though she was gone, my father kept it there because no matter how much he hated her, he loved her.