𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡𝑠

{ MONTH ZERO }𝐀𝐔𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐄  𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐀  𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒𝑝𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑣𝑖𝑒𝑤 -

{ MONTH ZERO }
𝐀𝐔𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐄  𝐒𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐀  𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒
𝑝𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑣𝑖𝑒𝑤 -

  "YOU'RE HOME, FINALLY! THANK GOODNESS!" Adam sounded relieved as I walked up the driveway after Rick had dropped me off down the street. I smiled at my brother who had been shooting the street puck into the empty net at the top of the driveway.

   "Awe, come on, it couldn't have been that bad here!" I teased the boy. I walked up to the garage and set my bags down that I had gotten from the day. Rick had went out on a limb and bought me some things I was going to buy myself but every single time I went to pay, he'd be right there with money already on the counter. I felt terrible.

   Adam looked at me dumbfounded, "no one else is home besides Hayleigh, and she had her boy of the day in there with her! You know what's going on!" He whispered to me while pointing upwards to her bedroom window. My cheeks turned red with disgust. "So, I came out here to play some hockey so I didn't have to hear what was going on. And hey, maybe a scout will drive by and see my moves and give me his card!"

   I walked up to my brother and rolled my eyes. I patted him on the shoulder. If only he could keep dreaming. I said that a lot, but I had a strong gut feeling he'd make it to the pros. He'd be part of the little that do. He worked hard enough and played hard enough that everyone knew who he was. His name was popular in the state for all the accomplishments he has made. I knew he was going to make it far. He just doubted himself a lot.

   "Adam, I love you, but do you really think a scout is going to drive through here?" I asked him. He shrugged his shoulders.

  "Hey, you never know!" He defended. I laughed. I picked up the other hockey stick that was laying on the ground and walked down the driveway a little in case Adam had lost the puck. We'd always be out here messing around if he wasn't in a bad mood. Besides us fighting most of the time, we always were each other's best friend. We've been through everything together and we're always there for one another. I just felt so guilty lying to his face about Rick. I mean, there wasn't entirely anything I was lying about, but I was just keeping from him that we were hanging out. I wanted to respect Adam's wishes so much, but I couldn't bring myself to stay away from Rick. "So, where were you all day? I missed you in eighth period. Dad said you went out and ran some errands?"