Chapter 11 - Rebelling

I was sat on my bed, watching a chic-flick and eating ice cream. Typical, I know. My bump had gone down considerably and I was finally happy at being in the comfort of my own room. Aleena and Kayla had called and texted, which I’d had a good conversation with them about everything. Nash had called and texted multiple times, but I ignored them all. I wasn’t in the mood for him.  I’d had a number of ‘get well soon’ messages on Facebook, but I wasn’t in the mood to answer them either. I carried on watching, whilst eating. Ice cream was actually pretty good, but this beauty was interrupted by my cell phone ringing. It was an unknown number, but I decided answer it anyway.

“Hello?” I began, licking my spoon.

“Ræ.” A voice called from the other end. I froze and rushed to put my spoon down and pause the movie.

“Jack? I didn’t.. How.. how did you get my number?” I stuttered lightly. God I was such a retard. It was common for me to get chills around The Jack Gilinsky, even his voice made me get chills.

“I never deleted it from when we used to call and text each other.” 

I was slightly flattered that he hadn’t had the heart to delete my contact, even though I’d deleted his. Then again The Jack Gilinsky had the heart to do many other things, or at least he used to. I laughed from the other side of the line. “Hi dork.”

“How are you?” 

“Actually okay.” I admitted honestly. “It’s a bit weird not having you around though.” 

“Yeah I was just about to say the same.” He didn’t say anything for a moment. “Hey uh.. Ræ do you wanna hang out?”

I was absolutely astonished. The Jack Gilinsky wanted to hang out with me? I noticed I still hadn’t replied and quickly scrambled to bring the phone back to my ear. “Um yeah okay sure, I mean I’m free tomorrow?”

“No Regan, I mean like now.”

I wasn’t sure of what to say. It was getting late. “Now? I can’t, my Mom wants me to rest.”

“But you said you’re fine, plus she doesn’t have to know. C’mon Ræ, live a little.”

“Fine.” I groaned, and hung up.

Within a few seconds I heard a knock on my window. Drawing back my curtain, I saw Jack sat on a tree branch directly opposite me on the other side of the window. I raised an eyebrow and opened the window. Had he really been waiting there the whole time?

“How long have you been here?” I laughed slightly.

“About twenty minutes maybe.” He laughed nervously and held out his hand.

“Oh no hold on I’m wearing this stupid dress.” I giggled embarrassed. It was a loose summer dress and really I wore it for comfort.

“Are you kidding? You’ve never looked more beautiful.” Jack smiled shyly and I locked my bedroom door, calling to Mom that I was going to bed early and I wasn’t to be disturbed before taking his hand.

“How do we get down?” I asked curiously.

“We climb, It’s not that bad, I’m right here.”

I nodded and he helped me down the tree. We walked to the park hand in hand, the sunset looked so beautiful. Of course I felt bad, I felt really bad and nervous that I was gonna get caught. But it’s about living in the now, and that’s exactly what I wanted to do.