Chapter 7 - "Stop"

The school day had finished and Nash had agreed to meet my at my locker so we could go back to his after school. I leant against them, waiting for him just thinking about things. What had made Jack change? Why didn’t he want to talk about it? A million things buzzed in my mind when Aleena, my closest friend came sprinting up to me extremely anxious.

“Regan! You need to come now, it’s Nash and Jack!” She panted, out of breath from running. She ran back to where she came from and I raced after her. We dashed down the steps and through the science corridor, exiting the school and running behind the science labs, where the school fields were. Nash and Jack came into sight and they appeared to be trying to tear each other apart. They were killing each other for God’s sake. I abandoned my bag and ran in between them.

“Stop!” I screamed repeatedly, but they wouldn’t listen to me. “You’re hurting each other!” I shrieked again, but that was the point of the whole fight so they didn’t respond to that either. I tried pulling Jack off Nash by getting in between the two guys, but Jack moved me out the way all of a sudden and Nash crashed into me, making me lose my balance and fall on my head.

“Ow…” I said breathing heavily feeling my forehead. Jack immediately kneeled down beside me.

“Regan! Regan!” He called, fear in his eyes. “I’m so sorry Ræ…” He said cupping my cheeks and after a few minutes he helped me up.

I looked at them both. “What is this!?” I cried softly. “Why..Why are you h-hurting each other?” I sobbed more. Nash tried to hug me but I pushed him away, not wanting any of it. I was so upset at both of them. I mean I could tell there was a bit of tension between them but they didn’t have to beat each other up.

“Regan..” Jack said softly. 

Nash saw teachers coming to the scene and he obviously panicked thinking he would be expelled or something because he took off, grabbing his bag.

“What a dick…” Jack snarled, holding my hand gently.

That’s when everything blurred. I tried to breath but I kept panting, Aleena was in my face, the teachers were in my face, Jack was in my face and that’s when everything dropped, I just let go.