Chapter 37 - Prom

It was finally the big night. Aleena and I had been asked by one other guy to prom and Kayla had been asked by three but we'd all declined. This was our loner night. And that's how it was gonna stay.

"You look like something out of a movie." Aleena said to me as we sat in front of the mirror. I was happy for once, Jack still crept into my mind every now and then but apart from that it was all good. Plus, Dad finally liked me again. Maybe because I ended it with Jack but who knows.

"Girls, you're going to be late!" Mom called up the stairs.

We fixed our hair and dresses in the mirror before taking care down the steps as we had heels on, I with cute silver sparkly ones, Aleena with some nice wedges and Kayla with absolute killer ones, of course.

Mom frantically snapped pictures with her camera after every step we took, she looked like she was about to cry. After we were down the stairs we positioned ourselves for several more pictures.

"Smile, ladies." Mom ordered, but in a nice way. "Thats it, keep it there... perfect!" We smiled. "One more.... Beautiful." She wiped a tear as she hugged all three of us.

"You look beautiful." Dad smiled at me, leaning against the kitchen door frame. We had made amends now, thank God.

"Thanks, Dad." I smiled softly before hearing an overly-loud beep.

"That's our ride!" Aleena smirked as Kayla and I passed puzzled looks between ourselves. I opened the door to see a grand fire engine, pulled over right outside the drive.

"Wow Aleena! How in the..." Kayla trailed off, looking up at it.

"My Uncle's a fireman, no big deal." She gushed as we got even more excited. I couldn't believe that was going to be our ride. Who needs limos?

"Bye!" We all called as we hurried to the large vehicle. Maybe this was gonna be a good prom.

As Aleena's Uncle drove into the school he switched on the blaring sirens causing everyone who was waiting outside to turn their heads to the massive fire truck that was approaching. The sirens were still ongoing as Kayla climbed out followed by Aleena, and finally me. Everyone was speechless, their mouths wide. Taylors bitches looked horrifyingly jealous which made me smile properly. I smiled so wide I thought my mouth would break. I scanned the hundreds of people stood there gaping at us, until my eyes finally met Jack's. He too, looked speechless. I thought about smiling back, until I saw Taylor clinging onto him. Wow Jack, he really had scraped the lowest of low. I scoffed and turned my attention back to Kayla and Aleena. I wasn't going to waste this night worrying about him.

"You ready to do this?" Aleena whispered to me as I nodded. We intertwined our fingers, Aleena on my left, and Kayla on my right as we all walked to the crowd of people, just the three of us. I had never felt so alive before. Who am I kidding we looked great. Our hair completely on point. I had curled my ends and secured the front stands back with a matching green bow to my dress, Aleena had done her hair in a waterfall braid which honestly looked flawless and Kayla had hers up in a side bun flower thing, still it looked awesome. We weaved our way through people earning dozens of compliments from who we passed. Everyone was finally allowed inside the building and we just let go and had the time of our lives. I laughed my head off, danced the night away and drank the punch so much I almost needed to piss every five minutes, and with my two best friends. It was great. I felt a tap on my shoulder and was surprised to see Nash standing there.