Chapter 23 - I need you

My eyes fluttered open and everything came flooding back. I lifted my head up from where I was laying and realised I was in the hospital again only after a few weeks of coming out.

"Jack?" I panicked. Cam came into view, hurrying towards me.

"Regan, oh my god." He exhaled. "When I got the call, not kidding I thought you were dead. But you're not." 

I didn't quite understand whether he was extremely relieved or extremely disappointed. "Where's Jack?" I looked around for him. 

"Somewhere down there." Cam nodded to the door. "I can't get hold of Mom, I don't know where she is." 

I deserted his question again. "I need to see him." I insisted, wriggling out of my position. "I need to make sure he's okay." I panted, beginning to unlatch the tubes that were connected to me, which probably wasn't a good idea.

"Regan, what the hell are you doing!" Cam worried.

"I need to get to him!" I said sternly, continuing to unplug my tubes. Finally, when I was free I bolted up, running towards the door. Every inch I moved, ever muscle I worked ached in pain but Jack was worth it. 

"Stop Regan! Get back to bed!" Cam grabbed my shoulders but I wrestled his arms away. I ran out the door and decided to turn left, rushing down the corridor and pushing my way through the double doors. Nurses and Doctors pushing carts turned to look at me but I didn't care. I ran past a room and then reversed, peaking through the door and dashing in when I saw him.

"Jack!" I yelled out, starting to cry again. He looked awful. Cuts and bruises everywhere and more tubes than a water slide park. "Jack!" I cried out again. Oh God, he was dead. I'd killed him. This was it. Cam and the Nurses raced in.

"Dear we really need to get back to your room." A nurse called concerned.

"This isn't healthy." Another Nurse added.

"Jack, please!" I whined desperately. The nurses had their hands on my arms and began to pull me out. "No Jack!" I continued, trying to pull away like a dog on a lead, but it was no use. "Jack!" I wailed a final time before I was yanked out the door. Then a familiar voice called weakly through the door.

"Re-Regan..?" I couldn't believe it. It was him, it was actually him. Talking to me. The nurses suddenly loosened their grip and I sprinted back in the room, still in my hospital gown. There he was. God he was so hot, even with all the dried blood on his face. He smiled exhaustedly. I scuttled over to him and sat on the chair right by him, intertwining our fingers immediately.

"Hey baby..." He said softly. I swear just his raspy voice could knock me out.

"This is all my fault." I sniffed, tears rimming my eyes. "I'm so sorry."

He shushed me, I had no idea how he was awake. How he was alive even. "It-it was my fault, R-Regan. I had no... no idea that it was my ego that made y-you like that." He said his eyes slightly watering to.

How could he take on the blame himself? "I.. Jack I thought you were dead." I sobbed into his chest.

I could see the pain in his eyes. He tried to sit up but instead of succeeding he moaned out in agony. "Regan... I.."

I quickly shut him up by kissing him. The kiss felt amazing, our other ones did but this gave me the electric vibes and shivers and butterflies like our first one did. Once wasn't enough, I kissed him over and over again. He smiled widely, beaming like the sun. Wow, I loved him so much.

"Wait no this is wrong." I stopped and his smile faded away. "You're with Taylor. It isn't fair."

He laughed slightly. "Ræ, I-I broke up with her four.. days ago, and do you r-really think I'd .. even give that bitch a second glance a-after what she... did to you?" Which only made me laugh.

After just smiling at each other he kissed our holding hands. "You w-were right." He eventually said.

"No Jack, I wasn't. You had every right to know why I broke up with y-"

He cut me off. "No, I m-mean you were... right. You so.. should h-have taken the bus man." He chuckled slightly.

I laughed in relief, laughing more and more. He could always cheer me up. "Yeah the bus sounded like a good call." I replied, still smiling. 

A/N So now you know, I haven't killed either of them don't worry! I was just dropping hints to make you guess, but this is good right? Don't be fooled, I have lots of drama ahead. :))