Chapter 39 - Jealous

As I left the stage the crowd began to disband and many people congratulated me as I made my way around everyone. The crown didn’t really mean anything to me, being prom queen? Who cares? It was nice that people did vote for me, but I didn’t understand why. I had intentions to find Jack. I pushed my way out of the double doors to see him leant against the school walls alone, a cigarette resting between his index and middle finger; Jack only smoked when he was stressed. He often came to this part of the school when he wanted to be alone. He brought the tobacco up to his mouth and noticed me, puffing the smoke out.

“Cute crown.” Was all he said. 

I leant by him, taking it off and looking down at the embroidery. “Probably cost them ninety-nine cents.” I shrugged and continued fiddling with it.

He breath-laughed sarcastically and inhaled the drug. “Nash must be happy for you.”

“We’re just friends.” I told him straight .”Taylor must be looking for you.” I used his words to turn the insult around on him.

“I don’t care.”

“Why did you come with her then?” I looked at him.

“Because…”

“Because what? Because you needed a date to make me jealous? Trust me you picked the last person on earth to be jealous of. Well played.” I sounded cold and harsh.

“That’s rich considering you had your eyes all over Nash.” He spat. He couldn’t exaggerate anymore.

“When will you get that Nash and I aren’t like that anymore? I didn’t come with any guy, guy’s aren’t necessities to proms. I came with my best friends, and I actually had a good time. A really good time, until you ruined it.” I folded my arms.

“You chose to follow me out here!” He retorted looking directly at me.

I sighed, letting my arms fall to my sides, relaxing my aggravated face. “It’s funny how every time you fuck up, I’m the one who has to apologise.” I replied coldly referring to my business with Taylor a while ago and Jack telling Mom. And with that, I began to walk inside.

A/N Okay so the next chapter will be the last :(: