Chapter 36 - Prom Planning

"So what are you guys' plans for prom then?" I took a sip of my drink, trying to make casual conversation.
"I've been asked by Jordan, Harry and Logan." Kayla announced. "But I don't know who to say yes to, they all seem like players. Plus me and Cole only broke up a week ago."

It was no surprise that Kayla had already had three proposals already, she was a boy magnet.
"I'm going with Theo West." Lisa, one of the girls piped up.

"Oh he's nice." I nodded to her, pushing a frie in my mouth. "What about you Aleena?" I turned to her.
"This guy called Troy in my calculus class asked me yesterday, but I'm not really that interested. I'll probably go alone." She replied to me.

"I'm going alone." I beamed at her.
"You haven't been asked once?" Alison raised her eyebrows.
"I have." I nodded. "But I'm just not interested." I shrugged as Aleena agreed with me. I didn't want to go with anyone apart from Jack. But I wanted to murder Jack so it was a lose lose situation.

"Well, I know who Jack's going with." Kayla nudged me, staring over to Jack who had Taylor hanging off his arm. Wow, she moved fast. The sight stung my eyes and I was utterly hurt. I saw Jack's eyes meet mine but within a split second I had already looked away.

"I don't care." I shrugged, even though I did a bit. I couldn't be mad at Jack for hooking up with other girls after I'd dumped him, but Taylor? Again? Really?

"Good." Aleena smiled at me. "We can be the two loners together, we don't need boys."
"Three." Kayla interrupted. "Make that the three loners together." She smirked. "We don't need boys." She stole one of my fries and we all laughed. I loved my friends so much, they'd literally given up their dates so I wouldn't be the loner I was, I didn't deserve them.

It was a week until prom and Kayla, Aleena and I were still looking for dresses. Yes, we'd left it late but we couldn't care less, prom was about having fun.

"We should go matching." Aleena suggested as we weaved our way through multiple dresses.
"Okay, colour scheme ideas then guys?" Kayla looked at us both.
"White and... Turquoise. I've decided. Turquoise and white." I smiled proudly as we exchanged words with the thin lady behind the counter of the shop explaining what we wanted.
"Hmm.. yes, okay. Follow me." She wiggled her index finger and patrolled around the shop until we came to a rack filled with white dresses.

"What length?" She raised her eyebrows.
"Short." Kayla said immediately.
"How about middle?" Aleena asked the lady.
"I'll go long and thin." I informed the worker and she picked out the dresses one by one, handing them to Kayla, Aleena and I.

We went to change and on the count of three we brushed aside the curtains to our changing stalls. They were perfect. Kayla's short and cheeky, with sequins over the chest area and turquoise ribbon wrapped around the waist with a white tie-dying into the same colour at the skirt. It was perfect for her.

Aleena's came down to her knees, a dress turquoise all over with pleats and sequins in that hugged her figure. Again, she looked like a model. I on the other hand had a long thin dress that came past my feet. It was strapless, alike to Kayla and Aleena's and also had a turquoise ribbon, hugging the waist. You had to admit, we looked flawless.

"Oh my God!" We each squealed, jumping on the spot.
"Kayla, Aleena... You look like superstars!" I smiled at them.
"Have you seen yourself?! Jack has no idea what he's missing." Kayla told me which only made me blush. After paying for the dresses we headed over to the food court. I hadn't even thought about Jack until Kayla had mentioned him, maybe I was starting to get over him.

We sat down as Kayla whipped her phone out. I'm going to sort out a limo. She bounced. "I picked up a few numbers."
Aleena and I ate as Kayla tried multiple numbers, before sighing miserably. "They're all booked, by other people going I guess, we left it too late." She frowned.
"We can walk can't we?" I tried to compromise.
"I have an idea." Aleena smirked from her food. "But you'll have to wait and see."