Chapter 3 - Secrets

It was the next day and my head was pounding. I was lurking in the kitchen, walking around and picking up every can I passed. My parents were coming back later that day so we had to hurry. There were cans and red cups with party popper string scattered along the floor and I didn't have the energy to sort it all out. Cam was upstairs clearing away up there which was clearly the easier job as hardly any people went upstairs last night. He had made me clear up as he claimed I wasn't even supposed to be at the party and I got considerably drunk and sick. This was all new to me as I couldn't remember a thing. I pulled up the kitchen window blinds to see more cans dotted across the lawn and some random guy passed out. I looked at him through squinted eyes, wondering if I'd seen correctly. This wondering was interrupted by the doorbell ringing. I groaned to myself and opened the door to surprisingly see Jack stood there. My natural instinct was to shut the door but he stretched his hand out and pushed his way in. Who was I kidding I couldn't match Jack's strength.

"Excuse me?" He scoffed.

"Go away." I said blankly.

"... Cam invited me to help clear up." He looked at me awkwardly. I didn't want him to come in at all, but I did need the help. I could hear Cam in the shower, so he obviously wasn't clearing up.

I let him in properly and shut the door, still not understanding why the Jack Gilinsky had agreed to help clean up.

He looked at all the empty cans I had in my grasp. "Whoa, how much did you drink last night?" He smirked.

I fake smiled. "Hah, hah. You're hilarious." My smile flashed away. "Go into the living area. Clear up. And do not talk to me." I fake smiled once more.

He smirked again. "Bossy much." He said under his breath and walked in.

I returned to clearing up in the kitchen. The Jack Gilinsky does not follow rules so it was no shock when he walked in. "How's your girlfriends?" I said collecting more cans.

He chuckled, "Satisfied with how I treated them last night."

I rolled my eyes.

"What about you though? You look pretty rough, are you okay?"

"Thanks?" I didn't know whether he was trying to be caring or it was his smart way of telling me I looked like shit. "I don't remember a thing from yesterday."

"You passed out completely so Cam asked if I could carry you up to bed, so I did." He genuinely smiled for the first time ever.

I don't know why but the thought of Jack carrying me made me blush slightly. He used to do it all the time when we had our 'thing'. But he's not the same anymore. He's changed.

The guy that had been passed out unexpectedly came inside. "Ugh... Sorry about that." He said looking confused.

"Just go home." I shook my head and looked at him awkwardly as he left. Jack looked puzzled.

"Why did you agree to it?" I continued, placing my palms on the counter, still facing him.

We heard Cam downstairs but Jack whispered something before he entered the room.

"Because I might have got a chance to fuck you." He smirked.

It took me most of what I had in my whole body not to slap him.

Cam came in, towel-drying his hair from the shower. "Oh hey Jack, didn't know you were coming over." He said.

I couldn't figure out why Jack had lied about coming over. I shot him a glare and he glanced at me back.

After an awkward silence Cam left the room to go and get something.

"Because you might have got a chance to fuck me?" I said disgusted. "See there it is! Why are you like this? You have two sides to your personality and I honestly don't understand why. You come out as the biggest ass but underneath all that you're so sweet and lovely. The kind of person I used to remember you as..." I trailed off.

Jack was hard to figure out and I assumed he was like this because of his ego. It was just safe for him to be normal when his dickhead friends and dumbass girlfriends weren't around. But I knew who he really was underneath. And I was going to crack the Jack Gilinsky.

"Well." He began. "I'm not like that anymore." He turned away.

"Why not?" I pleaded walking over to him.

"I'm just not like that anymore." He replied through gritted teeth.