Chapter 15 - Goodbye

I was sat in biology ‘listening’ to the teacher, but I couldn’t stop thinking about what those girls had said to me. Maybe I had interfered with the abnormal relationship they shared with Jack. I mean he said he wasn’t interested in them anymore, but I couldn’t stop feeling guilty. Also, the way Taylor threatened me. I acted like it was no big deal, but it was. ‘We know a lot of people’ she said, what did that mean? Were they gonna send someone round for me to be killed or something? Taylor was very powerful and by far the leader of the pack but I didn’t know what to do. Taylor could be capable of many things, and I could be in great danger. The bell rang for us to go home which I have to say, was extremely relieved about. However I still couldn’t get the threats out of my mind. I needed to tell someone, but who? Jack? No, he didn’t need to be worrying about me when he was ill. Aleena? No she’d only tell the teachers which is what would get me killed. Cam? He wouldn’t believe me. And my parents? Do you think I’m stupid? They’d probably report it to the police and get a lawyer or something. When I got home Mom was in the kitchen preparing food. 

“Hey honey,” She smiled looking up from her chopping board, “how was school?”

Awful. The worst day of my life. I needed to move to the other side of the world. “Fine.” I eventually agreed on. I needed to tell her, but I couldn’t. I stood there staring at her with her looking back at me, until she raised her eyebrows like she was waiting for me to say something.

“I have homework.” I quickly mumbled and shot upstairs.

I sat down on my bed and sighed. Jack hadn’t called or texted all day, then again Jenny had said all he wanted to do was sleep. Opening up my laptop, I decided to check Facebook. I might have got some friend requests or been mentioned in something, but to my surprise I had become extremely popular, like ’74 new messages’ popular. I furrowed my eyebrows, confused by my sudden popularity when I decided to seek to find what the messages read.

“Why tf r u dating jack g tht makes u a slut” One read.

“hey ur tht slag tht’s dating gilinsky right?” The next one said.

“regan thot stirling lmao” 

I couldn’t believe my eyes. Was this real life? All these harsh comments about me being a slut, and they wouldn’t stop. Every time I refreshed the page new ones flooded in:

“stop bein such a whore regaylord”

“break up with jack ur no good 4 him”

I couldn’t take it anymore. Why was this happening to me? I shut my laptop forcefully feeling my cheeks heat up and tears begin to trickle down them. I started to breath slowly trying to calm myself down, that’s what Aleena helped me to do whenever I was crying. My phone started buzzing continuously and I immediately picked up, sniffing to stop the tears.

“Hello..?”

“Hi whore.” Called a familiar voice. I couldn’t stop the tears this time, they had a mind of their own.

“What do you want?” I asked helplessly, clear that I was crying.

“Why are you so upset? Sluts don’t feel a thing, only apart from soreness in between their legs when they’ve been fucking too many guys.” Taylor cooed.

I just cried for a minute. 

“Shut the fuck up.” Taylor finally said again. 

“Just stop the comments.” I sniffed and wiped my eyes.

She laughed like that was the most ridiculous thing she’d ever heard. “That’s your problem, not mine sunshine.” She laughed again before I hung up.

I needed her gone. 

I moved to my floor and hugged my knees, crying endlessly. I couldn’t stop the flow of my tears, I’d never been properly bullied before, but it was awful, and there was only one way I could stop it. I didn’t want to commit to what I was about to do. I knew I was doing the wrong thing but I didn’t know how to put it right. I couldn’t reach out to anyone. I didn’t want Mom to help, I didn’t know how to tell Aleena. I couldn’t tell Jack. I just had to end everything...

A/N Can you guess what'll happen? Hmm... What does Regan mean by ending everything? Read on!