Chapter 13 - Illnesses

Me and Jack had been dating for three weeks and two days now and I was honestly head over heels in love with him. I couldn't sleep properly, eat properly or do anything properly. Cameron had to third wheel a lot but Mom and Dad were surprisingly okay with my choice of being his girlfriend. Dad called him 'son' and Mom called him 'love' which absolutely warmed my heart. They said that they were both surprised of how polite he was and how well he got on with Dad, they were literally best friends. I was in my room finishing off the chick-flick that I missed when me and Jack went out to the park, but I missed him a little even though I'd only seen him yesterday, still I decided to text him.

Regan <3: Hey boo, wanna do something 2day? <3 x

I carried on watching the film as I waited and not too long after I got a reply from him.

Jack :) : Can't. I'm so ill babe, sorry :( xx

I decided to reply instantly.

Regan<3: Awh noo, r u alright? x i'll come over if u want xx

He also replied instantly that time too.

Jack :) : c u in 10? x

I put my phone in my back pocket and jogged down the stairs telling Mom where I was going. A ten minute walk to Jack's house was easy, and his stepmom answered warmly when she opened the door. After Jack's parents divorced he had now remarried to a sweet blonde named Jenny, and she was absolutely lovely.

"Regan dear." She smiled invitingly and led me through. "Jack's got some sort of virus, he's been in bed since last night." She shook her head.

"Hi Jenny." I smiled back referring to Jack's stepmom. "Yeah he texted me saying that I he couldn't hang out which kind of sucks but I wanted to see him if it's not too much hassle." I stood there awkwardly incase I was interfering.

"Oh not at all." Jenny laughed a little like I was being silly. "You're always welcome here." I loved how nice Jenny was to me, I saw her like my second Mom.

"Thank you, I mean it. How are you anyway?" I asked casually to be polite.

"Not too bad, this week's been a bit slow going but you know what it's like. And you, hows Rachel?" She asked referring to Mom. Mom and Jenny were good friends.

"Mom's pretty good. She bought herself a new cook book and she won't stop blabbering on about it." I laughed with Jenny.

We continued to talk about recipes before Jack's Dad came in.

"Oh, Regan. What a lovely surprise." He smiled a little and walked over to us, putting an arm around his wife.

"Hi David." I smiled back at him. I didn't know him as well as Jack's stepmom, but he was still nice to me.

"Regan and I were just talking about the lasagne I make." Jenny looked up to Jack's Dad.

"Yeah, it sounds lovely. I'll have to try it some time." I smiled at them both.

"It's really nice having you around Regan, dear." Jenny smiled heart warningly at me, rubbing my arm caring. People didn't get nicer than that.

"No, honestly." I began. "It's a pleasure being here." I nodded.

David leaned in, lowering his voice incase Jack heard I guess. "You know, I'm not just saying this for the sake of it but Jack really loves you. He talks about you all the time, even in his sleep." He joked. "You're good for him Regan. He's a much better person than what he used to be. You're a good kid." He half smiled and patted my shoulder before letting me see Jack. It was really nice to hear that, especially from Jack's dad. I highly respected him.

Once I had darted up the stairs I headed for Jack's room. On the left and two doors back. The door was slightly opened when I reached it. I couldn't wait to see Jack again, even though it had been only about eleven hours. I peaked the door open a crack to see Jack watching TV, nestled under his duvet. He looked so cute. I wasn't exactly dressed up. A plain grey hoodie with maroon sweatpants and a messy bun topped with light makeup was all I needed on days like this. He peeped his head up at the eerie creaking noise his door made and instantly smiled when he saw me. 

"Baby..." He croaked wearing a weak smile. He tried to raise himself up a little more but failed and began coughing over and over. Jesus, what on earth had he caught? 

I smiled goofily. "Dork." I teased and went over to him, kissing him. "I brought your favourite." I smiled proud holding up a DVD of Step Brothers, only Jack's most cherished movie of all time. 

He smiled wide when he saw it. "Oh You..." He poked my cheeks and I placed it in his DVD player before opening his duvet.

"Are you sure, I'm all germy." He pouted. Why was he so cute?

"I'd rather get ill than not cuddle with you." I smiled sweetly and he opened his arms, wrapping them around me. I turned to face the TV screen so my back was against his shirtless self where he tucked his head in between my head and shoulder. He pecked my cheek over and over again before pecking at my neck, which only made me squirm with laughter as I was extremely ticklish.

"I love you." He whispered in my ear.

I beamed. He was so perfect and I was so happy. At last, I was happy. What I didn't realise was that this happiness was about to change.

A/N So this chapter is inspired by my good friend Holly, she thought of the parent converstaion part. Her username is @pointlessholly so check her out. Thank you! Keep reading!!