| thirty six |

Chapter.36

═══ ∘ᵒ∘ 𓅔 ∘ᵒ∘ ═══

Drake grabbed Adonis's backpack off of the leather airplane seat and guided Adonis off the plane with his other hand. Aubrey, Charlotte and the kids had landed in L.A. midafternoon the next day. Charlotte woke up the boys, got them ready, and helped pack their suitcases before Aubrey woke up. Drake tried to make Charlotte speak to him, maybe smile at him during the flight, but he had not been successful.

Lucious wrapped his arms around his mother's neck and leaned his head on her shoulder. "Let's go to the car bub'," Charlotte rubbed Lucious's back. Charlotte had one of her security guards come to the airport to pick up the four of them in a black SUV, and bring them to Charlotte's home. As she walked down the stairs of the plane she noticed that there were two black SUV's instead of one, she scrunched her eyebrows in confusion.

Char' bent down and let Lucious stand on his own. Lucious walked over to Adonis and talked to him about how the two could swim together later because it's hot in Los Angeles. Charlotte turned to Aubrey and asked, "Why are there two cars?"

Aubrey stuck his hands in his pants pockets and told Charlotte, "I think me and Adonis are gonna' go to my house, I want to give you space." He cringed at the thought, the last thing he wanted to do was leave Charlotte when she was struggling, but she needed it. "You've been scarring me lately. You barely talk to me, or anyone. You've been very paranoid and stressed. So if you need to talk to someone, or need anything call me. Don't struggle alone, please."

Charlotte knew that Aubrey wanted her to protest the idea, but being alone for even a couple of hours sounded necessary to her. She needed to clear her mind, and work through her emotions. Something that she couldn't do with two kids and Aubrey around.

Charlotte nodded her head and told him, "If it gets worse I'll call you, promise." Charlotte acknowledged the possibility of her diving into her thoughts and coming out in a darker mind space. "Luc', Adonis and Drake are going to their house today," Charlotte told her son.

Lucious's lips started to curl and tears started to brew in his eyes. Charlotte squatted down to Lucious's level, "But, hey you get to go to Dad's tonight." Char' tried to stop the meltdown that was coming.

"But, I wanted to swim with Adonis," The toddler's eyes kept watering. Adonis spoke up, "Can Luc' come with us please?" Charlotte didn't think that was a bad idea, she looked up at Drake for his permission.

Aubrey nodded his head. "That's fine. I got a bigger pool than your mom anyway," Aubrey smirked at Lucious. Luc's frown wiped off of his face instantly, "Mom, can I have my bag please," he looked up at her with a big cheesy smile.

Charlotte light heartily scoffed, she took off the backpack that was on her back and handed it to Luc'. "Well, I'm glad you'll miss me." Lucious ignored her comment and talked to Adonis more about swimming. Drake lightly grabbed Charlotte's wrist and told her, "I'll miss you gg'."

"Thanks babe," Charlotte gave Aubrey a small smile. Her smile warmed his heart, it was the first smile that he'd seen from her in almost a week. "Alright boys, we gotta' go. Chubbs is at the house waiting for us," Aubrey informed the boys. He pointed to the SUV they were gonna take and the boys took off running. Adonis made it to the back door then yelled, "Wait I forgot something!" Adonis ran his way back to Charlotte and wrapped his arms around her legs, "Bye Char!" He told her before he ran off to the car again.