a world of our own

Rosé walked around school on Monday morning with a pep in her step, she was always extremely flirty and she knew that, but seeing Denali blush and smile whenever Rosé looked at her made Rosé feel happy in a way that she couldn't describe. After the bell for 4th period rang signaling the start of lunch, Rosé waited for Symone, who was taking forever as per usual.

"Hurry up," Rosé complained to Symone while bouncing up and down on the balls of her feet.

"What? You got a hot date?" Symone replied before stopping dead in her tracks at the look on Rosé's face. "Oh my god, you do! Did you finally hook up with Denali?" Rosé felt her cheeks go a little red.

"Who hooked up with Denali?" Jan appeared at Rosé's shoulder in the hallway.

"I think Rosé did!" Symone teased in a sing songy voice.

"Oh my god, I think you're right" Jan exclaimed. "No wonder both of them were in such a good mood on Sunday."

"You're being awfully quiet Rosé, care to confirm?" Rosé rolled her eyes pretending to be annoyed, when in reality she wanted to tell the whole world that she had finally kissed Denali.

"On Friday night Denali and I got drunk and made out for a little bit and then we made out some more this morning," Rosé explained. "It was really nice," she added smiling. Jan and Symone exchanged a glance before both giggling. People gave Jan weird looks as she passed because she was so loud. Rosé elbowed her in the side to get her to laugh quietly.

"I never thought I'd see the day where Rosé was whipped." Symone joked.

"You seem to really like her," Jan added once she could control her laughter.

"I don't really know what's gonna happen with the two of us but I'm taking her on a date tonight after she finishes her skating practice" Rosé admitted. She originally was going to keep the date a surprise from her friends but she couldn't hold her tongue. When the girls arrived at their lunch table Jan said her goodbyes and went to go sit with Jackie and the rest of her friends. Rosé sat across from Denali and the whole lunch consisted of them playing footsies and sending each other flirty texts under the table. Rosé could practically feel the other girls at the table glancing between her and Denali, but it didn't matter because at the moment, it felt like the two of them were in their own world.

After lunch, school moved by at a snails pace. Rosé was watching the clock in every class. She was somehow both excited and nervous for her date with Denali. Sure, Rosé had hooked up with many people, but this wasn't just a hook up. This was real and she didn't want to ruin things on the first date by being a clueless wreck. Despite all the hookups Rosé had, she hadn't been on many dates and that stressed her out, she liked to be prepared.

After the bell rang at the end of seventh rang Rosé went to meet Mik in the parking lot since Mik always drove Rosé home on Monday's.

"So..." Mik asked after an awkward pause, "you and Denali?" Rosé shrugged and nodded.

"We hung out at Vanjie's party and things were nice." She admitted blushing.

"I think I may have seen a little bit of that" Mik giggled. Rosé rolled her eyes remembering that Mik was the one that interrupted them.

"I think I really like her" Rosé said quietly leaning her head back against the passenger seat of Mik's car. Mik reached over a squeezed her hand.

"Hey, it's ok to be scared."

"Who says I'm scared?"

"Don't get defensive, but I get it" Mik said giving Rosé's hand another squeeze. "It's scary to let someone in, but  it'll be worth it in the end." Mik paused for a little bit before continuing.