jealousy's a bitch

Rosé was miserable and it showed. The past two weeks had been hell for her, and she didn't even have the energy to feel sorry for herself. Everyday she had to watch Denali, perfect, beautiful, innocent Denali move on. And Rosé couldn't seem to do that. When Rosé heard her alarm go off on Friday morning, she grumbled and pulled her covers back up to her chin. She would have gone back to sleep and skipped school if it wasn't for Jan.

"Come on Rosé, get up."

"I don't want to. Let me sleep," Rosé whined.

"Come on, if you're at school at least you'll be doing something. If you're home by yourself all you're going to do is think about her all day."

Her. Denali. Rosé thought about her all the time. Her heart felt like it was splitting in half every time that she thought of her. Rosé was falling apart, but Denali seemed fine. She barley seemed bothered and that hurt the most about their breakup. Rosé loved Denali, and she was sure Denali had felt the same about her. She had assumed that after Denali had broken up with her two weeks ago that they would at least talk and try to work things out or at least get some closure but Denali had blocked her. She had blocked Jan also which Rosé felt guilty about.

Rosé groaned and stumbled out of bed, considering that all she did recently was sleep, she was pretty exhausted. At least it's Friday, she thought as she got dressed. Rosé went downstairs and ate breakfast with Jan and Lagoona like usual. They drove to school in silence, Lagoona and Jan talking occasionally, but Rosé was quiet for the most part. She saw Jan and Lagoona exchanging worried looks when they thought she wasn't looking but she ignored them, she didn't care anymore.

The worst part of Rosé's day was second period. Denali hadn't spoken to her or Mik since she found out about the dare which made class incredibly awkward. She didn't sit with them anymore, she just walked past them everyday, refusing to make eye contact. The worst part was that she sat with Dahlia now. Dahlia of all people. It was safe to say that Rosé wasn't Dahlia's biggest fan. She had outed Denali to the whole school and then broke the two of them up. Of course she didn't blame Dahlia for telling Denali about the dare, it was definitely the right thing to do, she just wished it wasn't Dahlia who had told Denali. She wished she had right after day one. Maybe they would still be together then.

She wished Dahlia wasn't the girl Denali was currently talking too. She felt the jealousy flare inside her as she watched the two interact, not even caring that it was obvious that she was staring. Her insides boiled as she watched Denali laugh at something Dahlia had just said.

"I mean we broke up two weeks ago, seriously?" she huffed to Mik, who was staring off into space. Mik looked confused as she was trying to figure out what Rosé was so mad about.

"hmm?" Rosé gave Mik an annoyed look and motioned over to Denali and Dahlia, who were now both laughing hysterically.

"I can't believe she's flirting in front of me, and with her ex who literally outed her. What does she even see in her?"

"I think you're over analyzing this," Mik stated, resting an arm on Rosé's shoulder. "Honestly, they just look like friends to me. I don't think Denali looks like she's flirting, and even though she's upset with you, I don't think she would openly flirt in front of you. She's a nice person."

A nice person. Rosé agreed, Denali was a nice person, one who didn't deserve what Rosé put her through. Rosé wallowed in self pity for the rest of the class period, when the bell rang she waited for Mik to put her stuff away.

"Come on Mik, hurry up." She joked, finally being carefree for the first time in awhile. She grabbed Mik's hands attempting to pull her up and took a few steps back into something solid. Mik's giggles stopped abruptly when she saw who Rosé had walked in to. Rosé felt her shoulders tense as she turned around quickly to face Denali. Denali was looking a little flustered but not mad, Dahlia was standing by her side a little awkwardly, avoiding Rosé's gaze.